Springs

Mike1260

New to 4wheeling. Just purchased a 2 dr 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys with a hardtop. Installed a LoD JK Armor Lite Midwidth bumper, Bull Bar and front skid and a Warn 8008S winch. The total weight I have added to the front end is 80 lbs. The Willys has rubicon shocks and suspension. The front springs are 14 and the rear are 56. I have lost about 1/2 inch on the front. The total difference in ride height between front and rear is one inch. The car seems to ride better but it seems to oversteer a bit on the highway. I like the wheels on the Willys and I do not want to put on any bigger tires. I intend to offload but live in Florida so no rock crawling for me. Also not interesting in lifting the jeep. I have read that the stiffness of the springs are determined at the factory depending on the weight of the vehicle. A four door jeep with a hardtop would get heavier springs than a 2 dr jeep with a soft top. So what can I do to get that 1/2 inch back on the front. Thanks for any help you can provide.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Like 10frank9 said, you could go with a spacer for just the front.

You could also find somebody with some heavier springs. 19s and 60s were the highest I believe. Generally the four doors with hardtops got the heavier springs but that's not always true. I would verify springs before purchase.

If you decide to purchase springs you may look at leveling kits also. I know you said you didn't want to lift your jeep but some leveling kits may be cheaper than buying springs. May be faster also, if you had the money today then you could order a leveling kit today. You may be searching for springs for a while before you find some. Maybe not. The EVO leveling kit looks pretty good with stock size tires also and comes with new springs up front to account for the weight. I believe rancho has a 2 inch kit with front springs as well. Just some options.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you'd be best to just get coil spacers. They are cheap and you can accurately get your Jeep back up to where it was.

Top Bottom