EVO Enforcer vs. EVO Double D Long Arm

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
First off, I'm sorry if this has been covered 100 times, I've searched and read for the last few days and just cant seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Has anyone had experience with BOTH Kits? I'm a little hesitant to jump off head first into the long arm (once you add in the tires, ATX wheels, regear, front 1350 driveshaft... its a bit thick to swallow all at once)

So pricing things out, IF I end up doing the long arms in the long run, I'm looking at ~$700 MORE then I would have spent going long arm off the bat. :doh: Is the long arm kit worth the money on a daily driven jeep? (Highway & City, with wheeling trips on the weekends) I know ride is highly suggestive, i'm just looking for someone to sway the mystery one way or another. I would ask around and ride in other jeeps around here, however real jeeps are few and far between, most around here are more interested in spacer lifts, light bars, and neon under-glow (colored rock lights) :doh:

I also am not entirely sold on a 4" lift, I would like to keep the jeep as low as possible with 37s, but I also do not want to be dragging my belly anymore when wheeling either. Most wheeling will be at parks like "Hidden Falls, Barnwell, Big Bend, Superlift, etc." w/ 3-5 hrs on the highway each way (MINIMUM) just to get there... I do plan on making a trip out to Moab, running the Dusy Ershim, and the Rubicon at LEAST once. (HOPEFULLY on a WOL run sooner or later :thumb:). I plan on trimming my factory fenders. So what does the general consensus recommend? Thank you guys in advance.

Cliff Notes:

Manual Trans
JKU
37" Tires
Daily Driver/Weekend Wheeler

3" or 4" lift?
Adjustable Lower Control Arms (Enforcer) or Bolt On Long Arms (Double D)

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think you would be fine with a 3" lift. If it was me, and its only 700 more (I know that isnt exactly cheap but still) I would go with the long arm kit right away. If I hadnt gotten a good deal on my coilovers, I would have done the long arm kit instead with plush rides.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I think you would be fine with a 3" lift. If it was me, and its only 700 more (I know that isnt exactly cheap but still) I would go with the long arm kit right away. If I hadnt gotten a good deal on my coilovers, I would have done the long arm kit instead with plush rides.

Just to be clear, the price difference buying the Enforcer lift, then buying the long arms = $700 + the Double D Long Arm kit. (this is because of the front lower control arms that come with the enforcer lift, which will no longer be used after the long arm upgrade)

The price difference between the enforcer vs. the Double D long arm kit ~ $2300

Thanks hinrichs! I'm liking the idea of 3" i'm trying to find the enforcers thread right now to get some good eye candy of JKUs on 3" & 37s

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have tested out both kits and really, unless you're going to lift your Jeep 4" or higher, you really don't need a long arm kit. Hell, I have run more than 4" of lift on factory arms and it really isn't even that bad. Being that budget is a concern, I would just get the Enforcer kit and then upgrade to long arms IF you feel the need for them.

BitBucket

I run the enforcer with the 4" lift and 37s. Everything is working well both on trail and on the road, it is my daily driver.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have tested out both kits and really, unless you're going to lift your Jeep 4" or higher, you really don't need a long arm kit. Hell, I have run more than 4" of lift on factory arms and it really isn't even that bad. Being that budget is a concern, I would just get the Enforcer kit and then upgrade to long arms IF you feel the need for them.

Thanks for sharing your experience Eddie, So if I'm understanding you correctly, if I decide on 4", you would recomend the long arms ideally?

I run the enforcer with the 4" lift and 37s. Everything is working well both on trail and on the road, it is my daily driver.

This seems to be the general concensus in the enforcer thread as well, but their has to be some kind of segnificant benifit that I'm not understanding for evo to offer the enforcer in 4", and a long arm 4" kit.

Does anyone know how long are the long arms are? Seems like every post I read about the long arms talks about gemetry correction, I'm just curious if it is a $2300 difference.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Updating, I ordered the long arm, should be here Tuesday. My weekends are packed this month, but I'm hoping to have some time to set aside for the install in November.

Jackal01

Updating, I ordered the long arm, should be here Tuesday. My weekends are packed this month, but I'm hoping to have some time to set aside for the install in November.

Let me know when, I should be free most weekends. The last weekend I am unavailable.

What was the deciding factor to go with Double D?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What was the deciding factor to go with Double D?

57899501.jpg

:cheesy:

Mostly for the on road benefit... just the way George's jeep rides was awesome. I went with the bilsteins as well. (free from NR4x4) I wrestled with it for a while, but what REALLY sold the long arm was Eddies comment above regarding lift height.

what sold me on the lift height, (after approximation of course) on 37s with a 4" lift, my belly will be ~1" lower then Moby on 40s. so I think I am going to be pretty happy with the set up. We've all seen what moby can do... :eek: :thumb: not to mention the additional up travel. i went with the short bumps for the 35 tire package sense i'm going to have Dave cut my fenders ;)

Last edited:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
View attachment 170576

:cheesy:

Mostly for the on road benefit... just the way George's jeep rides was awesome. I went with the bilsteins as well. (free from NR4x4) I wrestled with it for a while, but what REALLY sold the long arm was Eddies comment above regarding lift height.

what sold me on the lift height, (after approximation of course) on 37s with a 4" lift, my belly will be ~1" lower then Moby on 40s. so I think I am going to be pretty happy with the set up. We've all seen what moby can do... :eek: :thumb: not to mention the additional up travel. i went with the short bumps for the 35 tire package sense i'm going to have Dave cut my fenders ;)

Nice can't wait to see it installed [emoji3]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Your move, Charlie... ;)

Attachments

• 1445982871094.jpg
    1445982871094.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 1445982882848.jpg
    1445982882848.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 1445982893436.jpg
    1445982893436.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 179

CCTX50

It seems that whenever I finally figure out what lift I am going to go with I read a new thread and new thoughts go through my head. :thinking::thinking:

So, did you order from Northridge? If so, did you order one of the kits or did you piece your lift together? If it was a kit, would you mind posting up the link to the lift you went with? I live in Corpus Christi and come to Houston regularly. Maybe sometime I am up there we can meet up. Would like to see your rig built up.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
It seems that whenever I finally figure out what lift I am going to go with I read a new thread and new thoughts go through my head. :thinking::thinking:

So, did you order from Northridge? If so, did you order one of the kits or did you piece your lift together? If it was a kit, would you mind posting up the link to the lift you went with? I live in Corpus Christi and come to Houston regularly. Maybe sometime I am up there we can meet up. Would like to see your rig built up.

It's the double D lift, from northridge. :yep:

I'm sure we could meet up! I'm trying to make the winter run, and take advantage of pretty much EVERY other chance i get to get the jeep off the highway!

Last edited:

CCTX50

It's the double D lift, from northridge. :yep:

I'm sure we could meet up! I'm trying to make the winter run, and take advantage of pretty much EVERY other chance i get to get the jeep off the highway!

Thanks for the reply. I was able to find it on NR4x4. Decisions... Decisions... Decisions.

When I up in Houston Im in the 249/Louetta area.

Top Bottom