SUSPENSION Questions?

Hey guys so im pretty new to the jeep world and all the awesome things the jeep world has to offer! I have some questions as all new people would, My first major question is i already have a basic lift kit (3 inches and 315 12.5 17 tires) and im looking to upgrade my suspension to give my jeep a smoother ride mines harsh now. Its very stiff and tough.I want to keep the 3 inch lift it looks good on my jeep. Im looking to keep 315 12.5 17 tires what are some good coils or shocks or would it be netter to go with coil overs? Any feedback is appreciated

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys so im pretty new to the jeep world and all the awesome things the jeep world has to offer! I have some questions as all new people would, My first major question is i already have a basic lift kit (3 inches and 315 12.5 17 tires) and im looking to upgrade my suspension to give my jeep a smoother ride mines harsh now. Its very stiff and tough.I want to keep the 3 inch lift it looks good on my jeep. Im looking to keep 315 12.5 17 tires what are some good coils or shocks or would it be netter to go with coil overs? Any feedback is appreciated

Most of ride quality comes from your coils. If you find that your ride is harsh, they are most likely too firm. Depending on what shocks you are running with them won't help anything too. I don't know what kit you are running but swapping out your coils for something like a set of EVO plush rides alone will most likely make a big difference.

Thanks for the reply! I just have a basic pretty cheap zone lift (basic could and shocks I don't even have a name for them just whatever the come with). I've read a lot on what you have to say about teraflex because I've heard good on their springs and I'm looking for fox shocks because on the good thing I hear about fox and a few friends of mine have them. Any comments there?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply! I just have a basic pretty cheap zone lift (basic could and shocks I don't even have a name for them just whatever the come with). I've read a lot on what you have to say about teraflex because I've heard good on their springs and I'm looking for fox shocks because on the good thing I hear about fox and a few friends of mine have them. Any comments there?

TeraFlex coils are about the STIFFIST ones you can buy. If you don't like your ride quality now, I would definitely stay away from them. Fox shocks are nice but they alone or coupled with stiff coils won't soften up your ride.

TeraFlex coils are about the STIFFIST ones you can buy. If you don't like your ride quality now, I would definitely stay away from them. Fox shocks are nice but they alone or coupled with stiff coils won't soften up your ride.

Okay! I looked into the EVO plush those don't seem to bad they won't break the bank either which is always nice! Have you ever rode with EVO coils with fox shocks? Or would you have any recommendations on shocks? Also with running 315 12.5 17 and a 3 inch lift should I run longer control arms? New sway bars etc?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay! I looked into the EVO plush those don't seem to bad they won't break the bank either which is always nice! Have you ever rode with EVO coils with fox shocks? Or would you have any recommendations on shocks? Also with running 315 12.5 17 and a 3 inch lift should I run longer control arms? New sway bars etc?

They will ride well with Fox Shocks. Although, I might consider a set of Rancho 9000's instead as they will be more affordable and are adjustable to your liking. There is no need for "longer" control arms but if you don't have a set of front adjustable lower control arms, you might find them beneficial to set your caster.

They will ride well with Fox Shocks. Although, I might consider a set of Rancho 9000's instead as they will be more affordable and are adjustable to your liking. There is no need for "longer" control arms but if you don't have a set of front adjustable lower control arms, you might find them beneficial to set your caster.

Can't you adjust fox shocks as well or are ranchos just easier?

JakeJK

Has anyone had experience with rock krawlers 3.5 inch coil springs?

I've got RK 2.5 coils on my JK I like them a lot if compare them to stock, ride comfort wise. Many people say the plush rides are a good bit softer but the RK coils and bilstein 5100 shocks pair well for me

JakeJK

How long have you been running them? I'm thinking about running 3.5 inch ones

About 4 months, I like them a lot but if comfort is a main priority I'd go ahead and pay the extra coin for the plush rides to be honest

I come from driving a 2000 f150 so this rides better than it did so it doesn't bother me at all, I need to drive a stock jeep again to feel the difference

About 4 months, I like them a lot but if comfort is a main priority I'd go ahead and pay the extra coin for the plush rides to be honest

I come from driving a 2000 f150 so this rides better than it did so it doesn't bother me at all, I need to drive a stock jeep again to feel the difference

Alright! Thanks for the advice there man I appreciate it!

Top Bottom