SNAKE EYES Teaser Clip : Jeff Driving Through Fordyce Creek Water Crossing #1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the most challenging obstacles on the Fordyce Creek Jeep Trail is fording the creek itself. With the exception of about a week in August when PG&E restricts the water flow for the annual Sierra Trek Event, the water level is often very high and moving fast enough to make the required crossings impassible. In this short teaser video from our upcoming SNAKE EYES film, you'll get to see our good friend Jeff fording his way through Water Crossing #1. Even thought we did this run at the end of September and the water levels should have been at their shallowest, you can see that it was still deep enough for him to take on quite a bit of water.

We hope that you enjoyed the clip and that you'll come back to watch the full length film on Sunday, October 18, 2015! :cool:

If you haven't done so already, be sure to click on the link below and post up your best guess as to how long the final film will be. If you are the first to get it right or come the closest, you will WIN a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses.

CLICK HERE TO WIN A PAIR OF WAYALIFE SHOT GLASSES

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Holy shit! That has got to be an interesting experience watch the water flow into the cab like that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Remember that, what a good trip anyway! ;)

LOL!! Are you kidding, it's still one of my all time favorites and maybe because of it :crazyeyes:

Holy shit! That has got to be an interesting experience watch the water flow into the cab like that.

Oh yeah, it was nuts. I can't imagine what it's like when the water flow is much higher and moving much faster.

Lol, awesome! Can't wait!

Glad to hear it :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's crazy as hell. Watching the bottles float away was pretty funny though.

I honestly thought it was going to float out of his Jeep. It was crazy funny :crazyeyes:

Haha. Makes the Rubi springs crossing look like nothing.

In all fairness, the Rubicon Springs crossing was kind of low this year due to the drought. There have been times when it's been really deep too :shock:

What?!?!? [emoji15]No snorkel?!?!? :kidding:

:cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's crazy high! I bet it sucked drying out the carpet. [emoji15]

:cheesy: Who said it ever dried or at least, completely? I think most of us can still smell Fordyce when the doors and top are on and it's hot outside :crazyeyes:

Hi Guys

How good is ours jeep to take water punishments like that?

I know that there are som electric connections under front passenger seat but all connections on the jk seems to have some kind of rubber or maybee a silicone "seal" in the connections so guess that they can take some water for a while?

How does it look behind the plastic covers of the gear shifter? any opend connections there that water can come inside? Just curius how good the jk can withstand water if a situation like this happens. If water comes above seat and reach the knobs for the climate controlls and the other buttons I do understand is not good but upp to the seats, is that cool?

Nice crossing over the river by the way!

Happy wheeling

Ds

I know that the breathers for the axles should be extended for deep like this but just wanted to know how jeeps can handle water inside the cabin before taking damage.

Top Bottom