Roof rack

C_short15

Hello friends and jeepers alike?! I'm getting into over landing, and I'm sick of setting up the tent on the floor. What roof rack is anyone running or recommended? Thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! It's funny because I used to run a roof rack back in my TJ days but only because it was the only way I could carry all my gear and my family. As soon as the 4-door JK came out, I was so excited to finally get rid of the noisy, aerodynamic robbing and center of gravity destroying hunk of metal on top of my roof. Of course, to each their own.

As far as roof racks go, LoD has a nice one as does Gobi. I probably would go with one of them.

JakeJK

LOL!! It's funny because I used to run a roof rack back in my TJ days but only because it was the only way I could carry all my gear and my family. As soon as the 4-door JK came out, I was so excited to finally get rid of the noisy, aerodynamic robbing and center of gravity destroying hunk of metal on top of my roof. Of course, to each their own.

As far as roof racks go, LoD has a nice one as does Gobi. I probably would go with one of them.

A jeep aerodynamic? Blasphemy [emoji16]

JakeJK

LOL - sure they're bricks in the wind but adding a brillo pad to the top of it will actually make whatever minimal MPG you have less.

Haha very true even taking my air dam off knocked my MPG down about 2 mpgs needless to say I put that son of a gun back on

Mevman

Hello friends and jeepers alike?! I'm getting into over landing, and I'm sick of setting up the tent on the floor. What roof rack is anyone running or recommended? Thanks in advance
The LoD rack is awesome...so is the Gobi...but quite pricey. A cheaper and practical solution could be the ones by Body Armour/Smittybilt and others vendors that market the same rack.
I have that one. Cross bars come off easy for soft top SunRider feature and it is really strong. Holds my RTT and my lard ass just fine. I've seen them on eBay as cheap as $300.
Whatever your budget allows. water cross.jpg

C_short15

The LoD rack is awesome...so is the Gobi...but quite pricey. A cheaper and practical solution could be the ones by Body Armour/Smittybilt and others vendors that market the same rack.
I have that one. Cross bars come off easy for soft top SunRider feature and it is really strong. Holds my RTT and my lard ass just fine. I've seen them on eBay as cheap as $300.
Whatever your budget allows. View attachment 169136

Thanks for your help! Red Rubicons unite!!

C_short15

Thanks for the response..I'm always star struck when I see Eddie responded to me. Lol

Top Bottom