Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Borrego desert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnson valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thinking about doing Truck Haven and Font's Point and maybe the Salton Sea mud pots on the 28th of this month. I will update with more info later.

Going

1. OverlanderJK
2. JAGS
3. my_jk

Last edited:

my_jk

Thank you just noticed you had two dates I am 100% down for the 19-21 and the 27-28 I might need to work some things out.

Last edited:

bob-o12jk

Banned
Where do you plan on doing this run, I might be down. Hopefully I will have my jeep all ready to go. Just made my own rock sliders and still need to paint one of them, then I'm going to install axle shafts, evo corner armor and teraflex hd hinge and fabricate some new front bumpstops

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Where do you plan on doing this run, I might be down. Hopefully I will have my jeep all ready to go. Just made my own rock sliders and still need to paint one of them, then I'm going to install axle shafts, evo corner armor and teraflex hd hinge and fabricate some new front bumpstops

I have no plans on where to run yet as I'm not too familiar with most of the trails in te area. I am open to suggestions and to see where others want to go.

JAGS

Hooked
Hey overlander, I'm stock too and would be down for doing something either or both of those weeks. I don't mind pushing my Rig a little, so an intermediate and scenic trail would be good to do. New to jeepn' so not sure which trail or area would be best.

Hey WOL, if you catch this, what about one of those "training" runs I saw in a vid you guys used to back in the day. I'm sure you've run every local trail and could maybe steer us in a direction, even join in and run some optional lines in Rubicat or Moby. :thumb:

my_jk

Hey overlander, I'm stock too and would be down for doing something either or both of those weeks. I don't mind pushing my Rig a little, so an intermediate and scenic trail would be good to do. New to jeepn' so not sure which trail or area would be best.

Hey WOL, if you catch this, what about one of those "training" runs I saw in a vid you guys used to back in the day. I'm sure you've run every local trail and could maybe steer us in a direction, even join in and run some optional lines in Rubicat or Moby. :thumb:

An intermediate and scenic trail sound good to me. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What about truck haven an font's point? An I think there are some other ones in the area if we need some more time to kill or we could run to the salton sea mud pots.

And I am thinking about the 28th instead of the 18-21. I can get some more details up if that's something you guys want to do.

Fonts point is pretty easy I ran 2 o the 4 miles back in October but turned around as the sand started getting a bit deeper an I was alone. Should be fairly easy. Truck haven says its a difficult but I don't think it's super hard either.

jbrodsky

sounds awesome... I'm new to the area as well but a few people have been telling me about rowher OHV park in Santa Clarita. there are a bunch of vids on youtube that people have put up. Looks real nice - easy to intermediate trails and great views

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
sounds awesome... I'm new to the area as well but a few people have been telling me about rowher OHV park in Santa Clarita. there are a bunch of vids on youtube that people have put up. Looks real nice - easy to intermediate trails and great views

Thats a little farther north then I would want to go for this trip and I would rather run trails then an OHV with tons of other people.

JAGS

Hooked
Truck haven and that area sound cool. I've never been so I'm assuming/hoping my stock rubi will be fine. The 28 should also work.

:yup: keep the updates and info coming. Hopefully other will join and we can get a good group.

jbrodsky

too far south for me. if you guys ever decide to do a run more towards la I'll definitely be down... hope to see you guys at the suds n buds :beer:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am thinking about maybe right in the town of Borrego Springs or at the trailhead of Font's Point. Either would have enough room to meet/stage.

Or there is also Big Bear Trails we could run. I don't know of them up there but can find out about them.

my_jk

too far south for me. if you guys ever decide to do a run more towards la I'll definitely be down... hope to see you guys at the suds n buds :beer:

We should go to Hungry Valley some day its a pretty neat place and only 1 hour from burbank.

Top Bottom