What is a better bang for your buck

Eezybreezy08

I am trying to figure out which is better, Evo leveling kit or a ranch 2 in sport with the 9000 shocks. Are they equal or is one or the other that much better. I'm just looking for a good ride when it's said and done. I know the Evo plush are the best from everyone's comments on this forum. Also is there extra parts that you would have to buy with the Evo leveling system? Gonna run 35s. I would just like to here some opinions. The thanks

Drunic

You'll need bigger spacers than given in the rear for the Rancho sport and 35s. Or I guess you could chop the fenders, they rub slightly with 34s. I have no experience with the evo leveling kit. I do like the ride with the Rancho kit, I'd do it again for the money.

Eezybreezy08

Also how does it sit? Is it leveled? I'm the type of person that if the jeep is gonna sit one way or the other, I would personal prefer it to sit a little nose up than down any day

USMC Wrangler

Same for the EVO kit, (cut fenders for 35's). I have 33's only because I couldn't afford the regear from 3.21's and the other upgrades I wanted. I love how it rides. "evo leveling kit site:wayalife.com" is a good search to throw into your favorite search engine. I'm sure you can do the same on the Rancho kit. I don't have it and never rode in a Jeep with it, so can't give an honest opinion of the two.

Drunic

Nose up slightly with hard top on, pretty level with soft top. It's built for a bumper and a winch on the front end, I would imagine it would sit too high without. I think it's a .75 inch spacer in the rear.

Eezybreezy08

I haven't put a front bumper on with a winch yet but that's in the works. This stuff takes me a while with all the kids we have ha. I like to keep my jeep as low to the ground and fit as big of tires in there as I can ha. I have my reasons for that ha. Ooh rah lol

Eezybreezy08

Now I have 373 gears in my jeep right now, and I know everyone on here is big time with the 488, but I'm thinking of 456 just cause the gas. So I guess that is another question. Is it that big of a difference in gas mileage from 456 to 488 gears? Like I said, I have a whole bunch of kids so I have to be some what smart about how I do this ha

Drunic

No idea, I have 3.21 and hardly notice it being an issue. I drive slow anyways and haven't been in anything else, all my friends have 3.21 gearing. It's lower on my list than rock sliders and oil pan skids.

USMC Wrangler

4 kiddos here, so I know what you mean. I focused on skids and a little bit of clearance while replacing the street tires that came with the Jeep. I plan on doing a DIY front bumper paired with a Warn when the timing is right. I have awhile until I'll need new tires, so one step at a time for me too. I'm sure someone with actual comparison of the gears you're talking about will chime in, meanwhile my 3.21's are still spinning in mine. :yup:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Nice! I'm not sure if you're on the app or pc right now (pc browser shows the link in my signature), but my build thread is at http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build . I've added a third row and some associated goodies to accommodate our family of 6, if interested.

I did the same, but added the littlepassangerseats jump seat in the rear. I had them match the stock upholstery and stitch pattern so it looks factory. Great addition. With 4 kids myself, everyone gets to go and the two middle kids always fight over who gets to ride in it.

USMC Wrangler

I did the same, but added the littlepassangerseats jump seat in the rear. I had them match the stock upholstery and stitch pattern so it looks factory. Great addition. With 4 kids myself, everyone gets to go and the two middle kids always fight over who gets to ride in it.

I'd certainly like to upgrade what I've been using. Not for anything other than a better match to my interior. I did look at those littlepassengerseats.com and like them! :thumb:

Like that thread usmc. Good info for me

Good, I'm glad my ramblings are helpful to someone! :cheesy:

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I have the EVO Leveling kit with a aftermarket front bumper and winch. When I measure the rock rails front and back the Jeep is level within .25" I am saving now for 35's and cut the fenders.

IMG_3334.jpg

Eezybreezy08

Maybe some more folks will chime in. I think I'm gonna go with the rancho 2 in sport unless everyone starts telling me that it ain't worth it just for the shocks compared to the evo leveling kit

Top Bottom