Bit of a potential Problem?

ssh6314

So this unknown Spray pattern has reappeared, I wiped if off to see if it would come back, it did, the jeep is brand new to me, an 08. Is it the power steering fluid?

Attachments

• IMAG1246.jpg
    IMAG1246.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG1247.jpg
    IMAG1247.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG1248.jpg
    IMAG1248.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG1249.jpg
    IMAG1249.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 99

my_jk

I think thats the same thing that happened to me on my 2012 they replaced the radiator cap because there was a small leak in it.

Last edited:

RockyJk

Yea looks like coolant maybe the hose for the over flow has a hole or like stated above the radiator cap

bob-o12jk

Banned
Spray? Your lucky my 2012 rubi straight up pissed out a ton of coolant but at the time I thought it was trans fluid and I had it towed to my dealer that was 50miles away for $200. They kept it over night and gave me the liberty to drive for free and the next day they said that it was coolant and that it passed the pressure test and gave it back. That happenend in Sept and I haven't had any problems since.....which I'm still baffled why it did that

ForumRunner_20121207_051218.jpg

ForumRunner_20121207_051250.jpg

ForumRunner_20121207_051325.jpg

ForumRunner_20121207_051411.jpg

ForumRunner_20121207_051506.jpg

ForumRunner_20121207_051544.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Spray? Your lucky my 2012 rubi straight up pissed out a ton of coolant but at the time I thought it was trans fluid and I had it towed to my dealer that was 50miles away for $200. They kept it over night and gave me the liberty to drive for free and the next day they said that it was coolant and that it passed the pressure test and gave it back. That happenend in Sept and I haven't had any problems since.....which I'm still baffled why it did that

I see dirt under your Jeep, were you off roading/climbing when this happen? From the location, it looks to have been coming from your overflow bottle and that would have been normal if it was over filled and in those conditions.

bob-o12jk

Banned
I see dirt under your Jeep, were you off roading/climbing when this happen? From the location, it looks to have been coming from your overflow bottle and that would have been normal if it was over filled and in those conditions.

I work in a rock quarry and I was about to take my lunch break and I noticed the wet spot. I drove 20 miles to work at about 55mph on level ground and it was 50degrees outside and it left a 50foot trail of coolant to where I parked it in the pic plus all the coolant on the ground

bob-o12jk

Banned
Now THATS some nice articulation.

Lol. You like that? It sucked driving that thing 50miles home without a paper bag to put over my head lol. 2wd only but it did have a pentastar in it. I'm also glad that I got the extra insurance for it cuz I whomped it through the desert like I stole it

BlackKnight

Lol. You like that? It sucked driving that thing 50miles home without a paper bag to put over my head lol. 2wd only but it did have a pentastar in it. I'm also glad that I got the extra insurance for it cuz I whomped it through the desert like I stole it

I LOL'ed!!!

RockyJk

Lol Is there any other way to drive through the desert?? Hahaha

bl17z90

Someone brought one of those to Rausch Creek in PA one time. For those who don't know, the easy trails at Rausch Creek are a good challenge for a stock JK, so you can imagine trying it in a Cherokee :doh:

Top Bottom