Need help choosing lift

SDHobbs

Hey guys, I could really use some help deciding on a lift. I'm in San Diego Ca. I have 2013 JKUR 6speed, stock suspension,
Bushwacker flats, stock Rubicon wheels with 1.25 spacers, BFG KM2 35x12.5x17, front & rear steel bumpers with winch.
My budget is around $1200 for parts. I want a plush ride and I plan to wheel my Jeep.

I've spoken to ORE about some options. Best option is 3" Evo Enforcer. The kit is not too expensive but total cost adds up
when you factor in a new drive shaft, new wheels (they said I can't use stock with spacers), drag link flip, shocks. I don' t think i'm
ready to go this route due to cost.

2nd option is their Evo leveling kit. Uses a their 2" plush front coils with stock Rubicon shocks. No other modifications needed.

What do you guys think? Evo leveling kit enough lift to go off road? Or should I consider another option? Thanks!!

SDHobbs

Why did they say you couldnt do factory wheels w spacers?
Edit: any spacers? Or your 1.25"spacers?

They said spacers would not work period with the Enforcer lift, needs aftermarket wheels with the correct back spacing, 4.5 I think.

Warebear

I have the evo leveling kit right now and love it. I will be upping to 35s soon and I am confident that I won't have a problem with most trails around me. It's a great solution while saving for a real lift, and it's not expensive at all.

BumpStick

As a way to save some money since you do have a Rubicon, just pic up some TF or other brand shock extensions for the short term.

If you are worried about the boot on your front drive shaft getting too close to the exhaust you can get exhaust spacers. What recommend is short term leave the DS and exhaust alone. Long term, MagnaFlow or other brand exhaust Y-pipe. It eliminates the loop allowing for long arms later and routes the cross over pipe behind the transmission cross-member.

BumpStick

Its never "required", but anytime you net around 3" of lift, it is recommended for several reasons.

The RK Max Travel at 1.5 is also an excellent option but only if he plans to stay at 35s if he gets the itch for 37s comes the 2.5 would be better.

CarolinaJK

I'm also running the Evo leveling kit (for about 2 days). There is more than enough room for 35's, even with my stock flares. Nice comfortable ride, while being able to tackle any trail that's around me (SC).

The RK Max Travel at 1.5 is also an excellent option but only if he plans to stay at 35s if he gets the itch for 37s comes the 2.5 would be better.

Agreed. With flat fenders not much lift is needed really. I was just cautioning him that there is no exact point at which you NEED a front ds. Every notch taller just increases your odds

Edit: to fit 35s that is

Last edited:

SDHobbs

I plan on sticking with 35's, and like the idea of a small lift since I have flat fenders and my 35's are on the small side. What would be the difference between the 1.5 RK kit and the 1.5 Evo leveling kit, in terms of performance? I see the RK kit comes with more components but what would you gain? More lift? More articulation? Thanks for all the help!!

Why did they say you couldnt do factory wheels w spacers?
Edit: any spacers? Or your 1.25"spacers?

You would need 1.75 wheel spacers to get to 4.5 with factory wheels - not sure any reputable brand makes them that thick - Just a guess :beer:

You would need 1.75 wheel spacers to get to 4.5 with factory wheels - not sure any reputable brand makes them that thick - Just a guess :beer:
Im with ya. That makes sounds right because with my 1.5s and a 12.50 tire, i rubbed some on the lca's at full lock. Had to add a couple washers to the stops.

TFD

I had the Evo leveling kit and upgraded to the 3" enforcer after reading about it on this forum. I'm very impressed with ride on and off-road.

SDHobbs

I had the Evo leveling kit and upgraded to the 3" enforcer after reading about it on this forum. I'm very impressed with ride on and off-road.

How did you like the Evo leveling kit off road? What size tires were you running?

TFD

How did you like the Evo leveling kit off road? What size tires were you running?

The leveling kit was a nice improvement over stock. I was running the stock bfg rubicon tires with the leveling kit. I noticed more of an improvement on road especially around corners. If your not doing anything too crazy off-road you should be good to go with the leveling kit.

jumped up to 35" nitto TGs with the enforcer. The leveling kit is a nice upgrade especially for the price, but I got the urge for 35s and more articulation with the enforcer.

ski313

Are new sway bar links required when you go with the EVO leveling kit? I will be going that route shortly and have seen differing opinions. Thanks in advance

CarolinaJK

Are new sway bar links required when you go with the EVO leveling kit? I will be going that route shortly and have seen differing opinions. Thanks in advance

Short answer, no. They are not required, but putting stock rear links on the front greatly improved my Jeep's handling.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I am running the EVO Leveling kit with steel front and rear bumpers with a Warn Winch. I cut the factory fenders and getting ready to go to 35's. I put JKS sway bar links on the front. I don't get the chance to wheel much around my area but really like the stance and the on road ride. :thumb:

IMG_3334.jpg

Top Bottom