Lift & track bar question

aro

After my 2.5" lift, I noticed that both front and rear driver side wheels stick out more than passenger side. Rear sticks a little less than 1", while front less than 0.5". I have two questions:

1. Shouldn't rear go the opposite direction from front? Instead it sticks out same direction, even more than front.
2. Does this need to be fixed? Even if not necessarily needed, if I wanted to fix this, what should I use? I already have an adjustable Teraflex, but after what I read here about it, I'm ready to return it.

EDIT: I also have 1.5" spacers. I don't think this should even be possible, but I'm wondering if they don't have slightly different thickness...

Last edited:
Granted everything was correct before the lift, yes its impossible lol. Rear axle should be slightly shifted to the passenger side.
Are you running adjustable trackbars on both axles? Did you install them with the lift?

aro

Granted everything was correct before the lift, yes its impossible lol. Rear axle should be slightly shifted to the passenger side.
Are you running adjustable trackbars on both axles? Did you install them with the lift?

Track bars are stock. Rebel Off Road did the installation, so I guess they know what they are doing. OTOH, they kinda forgot to tighten a sway bar bolt and it started making noise after a few days. They fixed it right away, but who knows, maybe something else got forgotten. I might have to go back and ask them to look at it.

Track bars are stock. Rebel Off Road did the installation, so I guess they know what they are doing. OTOH, they kinda forgot to tighten a sway bar bolt and it started making noise after a few days. They fixed it right away, but who knows, maybe something else got forgotten. I might have to go back and ask them to look at it.

Double check your measurement to be sure but, your trackbar is the only item that really dictates axle canter. Your front sounds about right, but the rear should be about that, but in the oppsite direction.

You running wheel spacers? Have you checked to be sure your not missing one?

aro

Double check your measurement to be sure but, your trackbar is the only item that really dictates axle canter. Your front sounds about right, but the rear should be about that, but in the oppsite direction.

You running wheel spacers? Have you checked to be sure your not missing one?

100% rear sticks out same direction as front, but more. Several people saw it.

1.5" wheel spacers are still there, I saw them when I put new tires last week.

100% rear sticks out same direction as front, but more. Several people saw it.

1.5" wheel spacers are still there, I saw them when I put new tires last week.
Hmmm. Im stumped at the moment. Thats around 1.5-2" from where it should be. No raised trackbar bracket in rear?

aro

No raised trackbar bracket in rear?

Wow, I just walked out to the Jeep and it looks like you nailed it. That will probably do it, right? If yes, how could it be fixed? Adjustable in the rear?

IMG_0582.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I just walked out to the Jeep and it looks like you nailed it. That will probably do it, right? If yes, how could it be fixed?
sweet. Yea you can adjust center by getting a raised bracket, or an adjustable trackbar. If your saying your rear axle is further driver than it is passenger, its possible the bracket is set too tall for your lift maybe? Either way, id take it back by there. Your problem is in there bracket setup somewhere i would think.

aldaman

Wow, I just walked out to the Jeep and it looks like you nailed it. That will probably do it, right? If yes, how could it be fixed? Adjustable in the rear?

sweet. Yea you can adjust center by getting a raised bracket, or an adjustable trackbar. If your saying your rear axle is further driver than it is passenger, its possible the bracket is set too tall for your lift maybe? Either way, id take it back by there. Your problem is in there bracket setup somewhere i would think.

I noticed the track bar bracket has 2/3 different holes. Try mounting them at the different locations and you may find the right one that centers the axle...

image.jpg

image.jpg

**** Not my pics, found them on the net *****

Last edited:
I noticed the track bar bracket has 2/3 different holes. Try mounting them at the different holes and you may find the right run that centers the axle...
good catch. I didnt see that in the first picture. A different hole just may be enough to fix it.

Last edited:

aro

Good point, there is another hole there. Unfortunately I might still have to bring it to the shop though... The nut is very close to the spring, and if I go into the lower hole it's gonna be even harder to get in there with a wrench. It's really tight there.

EDIT: I just saw a Teraflex video and apparently the bracket uses a little piece of hardware that holds the rear nut in place when tightening it. There is no need to get a wrench to the rear nut. I should be able to do that.

EDIT 2: The more I read about this, the more I think I'm just gonna leave it as is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom