Simple LED question...

Rocco

Greetings all, Total newbie here, so apologies in advance for what may be a simple question...

One of my fog lamps blew and I would like to replace them with LEDs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should NOT need any kind of resistor since they don't flash, correct?

Anyone have a particular light/brand they recommend? Or should I just stick with a factory bulb?

This is what I'm looking at getting:

http://amzn.to/1OwF3I2

(OPT7® 5202 CREE LED DRL Fog Light Bulbs - 5000K Bright White- Plug-n-Play (Pack of 2))

Thanks in advance!!

JeepJeep75

Hi Rocco. I have a '15 JKUR with factory fogs. After I got my Truck Lites, I swapped my halogen fog bulbs out for LED bulbs similar to what you have picked. Yes, they will work fine with zero computer errors. You may find though that the grooves the LED sockets don't quite match up with the wire harness plug. All I did for my setup was to trim one of the grooves off the LED fog light plug. If you can't easily plug them in, you'll quickly figure out what I'm talking about. I forgot what kind my LED fogs are but they came via Amazon.

skijeeper

I have the rigid duallys with their factory mount bracket in my fog light spot, running off the factory wiring and switch. Just had to clip one end of the factory wiring off and splice in the rigid plug. They don't flash when on, but when off they do occasionally strobe a very little. This could be fixed with a resistor, just haven't had the time. damn CANBUS

JeepJeep75

I have the rigid duallys with their factory mount bracket in my fog light spot, running off the factory wiring and switch. Just had to clip one end of the factory wiring off and splice in the rigid plug. They don't flash when on, but when off they do occasionally strobe a very little. This could be fixed with a resistor, just haven't had the time. damn CANBUS

I've never looked at mine while they are off, with jeep running. Now I'm curious. I'll have a look at mine tonight to see if they flicker while off.

Rocco

Thanks Guys!!

I knew about the fit issues, seems to be an easy fix though.

I guess my best bet is to get them and see how they go. Worst case senario I buy and install a resistor after the fact.

Again, Thanks!!

JeepJeep75

I had a little go-round with LED switchback turn signals. Since I was replacing the incandescent turn signals bulbs with LED bulbs I needed to use resistors to "dummy load" the circuit. I didn't like how HOT the resistors got while a turn signal was on so I ditched them. If you do wind up using resistors, keep in mind they will get hot enough to melt other wires if they're touching them. This can lead to all kinds of fun. For what you will be doing though, you should be fine.

Top Bottom