New doors

t8er

So I've got a 2014 wrangler and 2 friends with a 13 and a 14. All are JKU's and together we can buy a full set. I found a set of 4 off an 08. Is it possible to swap all of our power windows, locks etc over to an all manual 08 door? If so how hard is it? Thank you for any help

LasVegasJK

So, you are buying a set of doors to share between the three of you?
And you're moving the internals from one door to another?
It shouldn't be too difficult. Take the inner door panel off and move everything over to the new door. You'll have the other doors for reference while you are doing it.
But why? Are you getting half doors? Or you have half and going to full doors?

Edit: sorry, are you just asking if the 2008 doors are compatible with newer models?

Last edited:

t8er

So, you are buying a set of doors to share between the three of you?
And you're moving the internals from one door to another?
It shouldn't be too difficult. Take the inner door panel off and move everything over to the new door. You'll have the other doors for reference while you are doing it.
But why? Are you getting half doors? Or you have half and going to full doors?

Edit: sorry, are you just asking if the 2008 doors are compatible with newer models?

Yes we are going in together because of damage to our current doors. Luckily all have black jeeps and we all damaged different doors.

I'm really trying to make sure the newer parts will easily transfer over since it's not cheap and if I really have to I'll just go to a body shop.

jk12blk

Yes we are going in together because of damage to our current doors. Luckily all have black jeeps and we all damaged different doors.

I'm really trying to make sure the newer parts will easily transfer over since it's not cheap and if I really have to I'll just go to a body shop.
FWIW, if you have not already purchased your set of full doors, I do have a set of full doors for sale which are full power from a 2012 JKU. 2K for all four doors OBO if you are interested. Of course that does not include shipping and I have no idea how to securely ship doors. Anyway, if you are interested, shoot me a PM. Good luck.

EDIT: my doors are black.

LasVegasJK

Ahh. Now it's perfectly clear. Good luck. Factory doors are not cheap. The issues with changing power locks/Windows is one reason I went with manual locks and hand crank windows. Plus, for me anyway, weight was an issue as I've had a couple back surgeries.
Seems like wiring new plugs could be a possibility.
Keep us posted. I'm sure you're not the only one with these questions.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I tried to do this a couple years ago on a salvage build. You wont be able to swap over the inner door panels easily. The stampings in the steel are different. The rears you just need to drill a couple holes in the older door and it will work. The fronts are totally not even close. You wull either need to cut out your inner door metal and weld into the old ones or hack up your inner door panels and rig job it.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The green one is old, the red one is new. It's the rear top area and front lower area that are really different. Your newer style door panels need those recessed areas. You can see where the clips go in too. The rears are close enough they work no issue. I swapped power into old manual on rears. The front wasnt happening, had to buy an 11+ front door.

Attachments

• 1445040864352.jpg
    1445040864352.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 1445040876812.jpg
    1445040876812.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

t8er

FWIW, if you have not already purchased your set of full doors, I do have a set of full doors for sale which are full power from a 2012 JKU. 2K for all four doors OBO if you are interested. Of course that does not include shipping and I have no idea how to securely ship doors. Anyway, if you are interested, shoot me a PM. Good luck.

EDIT: my doors are black.

As of right now these doors are $1100 and local. At $500 I'm pretty close to having a body shop do it with adding in shipping. Appreciate the offer

Last edited:

t8er

The green one is old, the red one is new. It's the rear top area and front lower area that are really different. Your newer style door panels need those recessed areas. You can see where the clips go in too. The rears are close enough they work no issue. I swapped power into old manual on rears. The front wasnt happening, had to buy an 11+ front door.

Dang soooooo close.

Top Bottom