Gearing

I have my 07 wrangler unlimited sport automatic so the gearing is 3.73 from what ive read. Now i. Run 315 70 17 tires and a 3 inch lift i do live in an area where im always going through valleys and hills so id love to rear gear so its easier to do that! My gear already have 110,000 on my current gears shafts axle housings everything! So is it worth the rear gear to 5.13s? Thats what id like to run. I hear alot of good feedback for runni g that size and those gears. Any opinions?

jeeeep

Hooked
You have a D30 up front? I'd save for a pr44.
i ran 4.88s on my 2010 with 315's (35s) and feel they gave me a great balance of power and mpg, offroad was never an issue
now that i havs 37s, 5.13s with the 3.8L would be better...but there's an LS swap in the near future :rock:

Yes sir Dana 30 up front. An LS swap would be nice! I was interested in a 1ton swap I possibly want to move to 40s way down the road!

seanb123

Contrary to what some believe you can live with 5.13 up front just know that you will have a very small pinion. If it's in the budget a new axle is great but for a lot of people it isn't. I've had 5.13 in my 08 for over a year now and couldn't be happier with the power gain on hills.

That's what I've heard, thanks for that advice it does go along way since it's very similar to my experience! How much did your rehear cost if you don't mind my asking?

JK LYF

What type of wheeling do you do? Realistically, do you plan on keeping the D30 for the next couple years? Do you plan on staying with 35s for awhile? A solid plan should help determine the money you spend on mods.

Yeah I plan on keeping the 35s for at least 4-5 years! And I mean I plan on keeping the Dana 30 until I have enough money for a swap either a PR or a 1ton swap I haven't decided on that et. As far as my wheeling a lot of dirt roads a lot of rocks and lots of hills!

JK LYF

Yeah I plan on keeping the 35s for at least 4-5 years! And I mean I plan on keeping the Dana 30 until I have enough money for a swap either a PR or a 1ton swap I haven't decided on that et. As far as my wheeling a lot of dirt roads a lot of rocks and lots of hills!

Okay, 35s for about 5 more years. And I'm not sure of your estimated time frame for the PR. If it's going to be awhile, my 2 cents would be to go with the 4:88s. You will notice a very good increase in power going to 4:88s. They do very well with the 35s. And have a slightly larger pinion than the 5:13s. You can throw those in, install some gussets and call it a day.

However, I do know guys that are running the 5:13s on the D30 and have no problem at all. And because of that, I was going back and forth as well. Went with the 4:88s and I'm very content....for now!

Just my 2 cents!

Top Bottom