Brake upgrade

Dllamas

My jeep is seriously heavy with 37s both front and rear bumpers and my winch. Braking is horrible my shop told me I needed new rotors because mines where warped so I figure nows the time to replace what kits are y'all running I am interested in the teraflex big slotted rotor kit for 300 know any better deal for that price?

Galo

Hey,
Actually, I do. However, I would need to PM Eddie to make sure he is ok with me discussing it.
Although - may not help your situation.

G.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, you will not find a better braking system for your JK than the Dynatrac ProGrip. I've had the privilege of testing out a myriad of braking systems when Dynatrac was developing their kit and without question, it really is the best in my opinion. In fact, just for testing purposes, I have been running an extremely heavy set of 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers mounted on equally heavy 20" ATX Slabs that have a combined weight of 187 lb. per tire and the ProGrips STILL provide amazing stopping power for them and without the kind of nose dive or locking of brakes that you often see with their competitors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey,
Actually, I do. However, I would need to PM Eddie to make sure he is ok with me discussing it.
Although - may not help your situation.

G.

Really? And why would you need to clear something with me?

jeeeep

Hooked
if you want to stay in the 300 budget, I would just replace the rotors with stock rotors, get better brake pads and save up for a Dynatrac brake kit.

if you want to stop with 37's you'll want braking power on all 4, not just the fronts. I've run several brake kits slotted and drilled, driven a TF big brake Jk and can say I'm glad I spent the extra money on the Dynatrac kit. it was an easy install did not have to replace calipers or master cylinder and I don't even think about planning ahead for stopping. I have a stock 2015 sport I can drive it all day then get in my 2010 with the Dynatrac brakes and there is absolutely no difference in how I brake or stop and don't even have to think about it

Dllamas

I am really interested in the dynatrac I just saw there 1000 bucks and some Powerstop 4 rotors and pads for 380 maybe I'll get that meanwhile I just hope I won't be too disappointed but the pro grips are on my wish list for sure

jeeeep

Hooked
I am really interested in the dynatrac I just saw there 1000 bucks and some Powerstop 4 rotors and pads for 380 maybe I'll get that meanwhile I just hope I won't be too disappointed but the pro grips are on my wish list for sure

i ran the powerstop with my 35s and they are much better than stock.
with 37s they will be an improvement, be sure to break in your pads properly even though they come with burned in pads.
you'll still want to brake sooner than norm as they do feel like they fade but not as bad as the stock brakes.

Last edited:

plext0r

Did you get the Powerstop rotors and pads and have you been happy with them so far? Did you order PSTK2798?

I was doing research on RockAuto for the various brakes available for the JKU and was looking at the Z23 K2798 which I assume is the same. I was also looking at the Wagner Thermoquiet pads and associated rotors.

jeeeep

Hooked
Did you get the Powerstop rotors and pads and have you been happy with them so far? Did you order PSTK2798?

I was doing research on RockAuto for the various brakes available for the JKU and was looking at the Z23 K2798 which I assume is the same. I was also looking at the Wagner Thermoquiet pads and associated rotors.

I ran the Powerstop with my 315's, they were much better than stock. I used to tow a trailer and they made a difference.

JakeJK

Well bought some oe semi metallic pads and installed them, then after installed I saw that there was brake fluid all over the ground at the front of the jeep... First time ever doing this but I watched a tutorial online and followed it step by step (I know it's super easy)

Anyone know what the culprit of the leaking brake fluid would be? Drove it around and it felt fine

RockyJk

Well bought some oe semi metallic pads and installed them, then after installed I saw that there was brake fluid all over the ground at the front of the jeep... First time ever doing this but I watched a tutorial online and followed it step by step (I know it's super easy)

Anyone know what the culprit of the leaking brake fluid would be? Drove it around and it felt fine

Probably pushed it out the reservoir when you pushed the caliper piston in

Shantz

I have the z23's... they stop on a dime and sing all day long... noisiest set of brakes I've ever had.

plext0r

I have the z23's... they stop on a dime and sing all day long... noisiest set of brakes I've ever had.

This is the second time I've seen a similar comment (one on a different forum while doing a google search) so I think I'll stay away from them.

Top Bottom