3"/driveshaft question

P1TBU11

When going from 14/56 coils to 18/59, would the gain be included when determining the need to replace driveshaft etc? Or could you add 2.5" more to the 18/59s without needing it?

dannymalkin

It all depends on how much suspension lift the coils will give you. Yes it will put more of an angle on the driveshafts but not much really because of the small lift.

So yes any gain would increase the driveline angle

P1TBU11

I understand that the angle changes but was wondering since the coils were still stock if the gain figured in. Are the original angles on vehicles with differing coil rates identical?

I understand that the angle changes but was wondering since the coils were still stock if the gain figured in. Are the original angles on vehicles with differing coil rates identical?
In all honesty, its not that cut and dry. The closer your total lift gets to the 3inch range, the steeper the angle on the DS will be. Running at a constant increased angle is what ruins the joint at the Tcase.

P1TBU11

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if the 2.5" rule will apply if someone uses factory components to get a maximum starting point.

Top Bottom