2013 Rubicon swaybar disconnect issues?

bowtech50

Jeep is still under warranty, but I wanted to ask here before I take it in. It has 30000 miles on it, and I have owned it for the last 8000 miles. I had never pushed the swaybar disconnect button before until yesterday driving down a trail. I followed the instructions, but got no indicator light on the dash and I really don`t think anything is happening? Is this common? I did a search and read some negative things for sure, but am wondering if there is something I should try before heading to the dealer?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Jeep is still under warranty, but I wanted to ask here before I take it in. It has 30000 miles on it, and I have owned it for the last 8000 miles. I had never pushed the swaybar disconnect button before until yesterday driving down a trail. I followed the instructions, but got no indicator light on the dash and I really don`t think anything is happening? Is this common? I did a search and read some negative things for sure, but am wondering if there is something I should try before heading to the dealer?

Hmmm, I'm not certain but I think if you disconnect the wiring from the motor the dash light should flash. You could try that or just replace the motor with the EVO no limits knob.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Try putting it into 4lo then pressing the disconnect button. Drive for a bit and it will disconnect for you.

It should disconnect in either 4LO or 4HI. When you push the button a light on the dash will flash until it is disconnected. Then, once disconnected it will go solid. It will also, flash when you try to reconnect until the bar is locked. Then, the light will go out. It will also blink in any condition you requested it to unlock that is deemed "unsafe" (faster than 20MPH in any gear or condition).

If your light never came on at all, something is wrong and I would take it in.

bowtech50

It looks like I will be taking it in. I tried it again in both 4 hi and 4 lo, and no flashing light or any light for that matter. The EVO option sounds good, but I will use my warranty while it`s available. Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom