best 2.5" lift for the street?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't find it using search. I want to run a 2.5" lift and put 35" duratracs on my rubicon wheels with spidertrax spacers.

I'm new to this forum and the "other" forum highly recommends the AEV XT 2.5" but I see lots of Evo threads here. What's the scoop? I don't need max articulation, but a composed street ride with minimal sway and big time bump absorption would be great for my daily driver. What do you guys recommend?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't find it using search. I want to run a 2.5" lift and put 35" duratracs on my rubicon wheels with spidertrax spacers.

I'm new to this forum and the "other" forum highly recommends the AEV XT 2.5" but I see lots of Evo threads here. What's the scoop? I don't need max articulation, but a composed street ride with minimal sway and big time bump absorption would be great for my daily driver. What do you guys recommend?

If you like your current ride quality I recommend a budget boost. The 2.5" spacers give you plenty of room to run 35s.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm not too happy with the stock ride. I'd like more dampening and cushier springs. I had icon coil overs in my 4runner and I could accelerate over speed bumps. I want that same ride. Rockcrawler?

RjSkippy

I'm running the Mopar 2" lift kit on 33" Duratracks ad can easily go to 35's if I wanted. I am happy with the ride, it was a little pricier than some of the other lifts. I have heard good things about the AEV 2.5" lift also.

mtt

I'm running 2.5 Tera Flex coil lift with shock adapters and have 315/70 17 Duratracs on my JKUR. It feels great on road and off. Very happy with it.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm not too happy with the stock ride. I'd like more dampening and cushier springs. I had icon coil overs in my 4runner and I could accelerate over speed bumps. I want that same ride. Rockcrawler?

Keep in mind that ride quality is 100% subjective. I suggest you find some locals to ride along with and see if you like the ride of the coils they picked.

mtt

What else do you need? You're kidding yourself if you think terrorflex rides well.

I'm really not kidding myself, my Jeep rides great. It's my daily driver and come the weekend we're in the dirt. Maybe you should look up the word "subjective" my friend.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm really not kidding myself, my Jeep rides great. It's my daily driver and come the weekend we're in the dirt. Maybe you should look up the word "subjective" my friend.

I am completely aware of the word. But there is no subjectivity to riding on a brick. Maybe you should ride on some other coils my friend.

mtt

I am completely aware of the word. But there is no subjectivity to riding on a brick. Maybe you should ride on some other coils my friend.

I did actually. Before I bought my lift I rode in a Jeep that had an AEV 2.5 lift and one that had the Tera Flex. They both felt good to me so I went with the inexpensive one, as I was on a bit of a budget. I'm sure you're very experienced in these matters, and maybe more so than me, but come on mate, have an open mind. What you running?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I did actually. Before I bought my lift I rode in a Jeep that had an AEV 2.5 lift and one that had the Tera Flex. They both felt good to me so I went with the inexpensive one, as I was on a bit of a budget. I'm sure you're very experienced in these matters, and maybe more so than me, but come on mate, have an open mind. What you running?

I used to run terrorflex and currently run rock krawler. Really not impressed with with one.

Right Rudder

Can't overly complement my teraflex 2.5" spacer lift, but its' height allowed me to run 35's with little issues. Expect slightly worse ride characteristics due to elevating your stock suspension with spacers if you go that route. CG goes up, minor problems ensue.

Top Bottom