Windrock Trail 26 and 51

jamesrw30

Hey all. I haven't contributed much since I have joined and I apologize about that. I am on here most every day reading but I am going to get better about contributing. As my first act of trying to reconcile I want to invite whoever may be interested on a ride at Windrock on November 14th. Right now I know it will be myself with my WJ open on 31's, a YJ locked front on 33's and a TJ open on 31's. May also have a 4 Door JKU Willys tagging along and potentially several others from my area here in Kingsport. Some local guys from the Knoxville area may meet us there also. The trails will be pretty mild, just a fun day in the woods. These are 2 of the 3 Jeep badge of honor trails at Windrock. Time had yet TBD so I will keep everyone updated. Again, I apologize for not contributing since I joined. I did give a wave when I joined some time back. Hope some of you might be interested in joining us!

jamesrw30

Thank you but the ride in November will be the first chance I get to get down there. I really appreciate the invite though!

thardy

Banned
Thank you but the ride in November will be the first chance I get to get down there. I really appreciate the invite though!

Gotcha. Are your guys just doing the night run? Or are you going to be doing more wheeling during that time frame?

jamesrw30

We aren't planning any night running unless it just runs into evening. Planning to hit the trail head that morning and wheel that day and head home some time that evening. Just going to be a one day thing. Since it is only an hour and a half -2 for us to get down there we are just going to wheel and head home.

thardy

Banned
We aren't planning any night running unless it just runs into evening. Planning to hit the trail head that morning and wheel that day and head home some time that evening. Just going to be a one day thing. Since it is only an hour and a half -2 for us to get down there we are just going to wheel and head home.

My bad. For some reason I read night run in your original post. Im not sure I'd be able to make another run up there so soon but I'm sure some will join.

jamesrw30

Sorry, I just saw your post Scrambler. Good to hear about the view. Looking forward to hitting the trails down there again.

jamesrw30

We are planning on hitting the general store sometime about 9 that morning and leaving out from there in case anyone decides to meet us.

thardy

Banned
If I could make it up there again, I absolutely would. Y'all have fun and be safe with the wet weather!

Also, if you wouldn't mind letting me know your thoughts on the trails you're running, so that I can add it to my research for next year's run, I would appreciate it.

jamesrw30

We had a great time Saturday. Ended up doing 22, 27 and 26. Didn't make it to 51 so next time. The trails were great but also alot more difficult in some places than we anticipated. 26 ended up having some climbs with alot larger rocks than we were anticipating. Really put my little rig on 31's to the test but she pulled through it all and no one got stuck. Unfortunately my GoPro batteries ran out before then but I am going to start editing all my video hopefully today. Here are some pictures of the run though.

Top Bottom