Check engine light and stability lights..wth?!

rich67

Caught the Bug
So the other day I put in a K&N drop in. I got a check engine light with a code that I can't recall now, but was along the line of the evap line error. I found that I did a bad job reattaching the intake hose. So I took care of that and reattached it properly. Today while driving, I noticed the check engine light stayed on, then the stability light was added to the mix. When I tried to check the code again, the system responded ------------, then DONE. But, upon restart, both lights remain on. Any ideas? Jeep runs just fine otherwise. I did check the gas cap and all is well there.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Check ALL the hoses near your air filter box make sure they are attached. The stability control can be from a misaligned steering wheel not sure if you've done something to make that happen.

If all is well disconnect your negative battery cable for 30 seconds. See if you still get lights or codes.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Ahh..I've been trying to re-center the steering wheel since my Teraflex leveling kit went on, and I haven't done very well. Lol. I'll have to mess with it some more.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Update: Re-centered the steering wheel and then disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. CEL was off, but ESC light was still on. Drove it around town for about 10 miles and the light went off. Thanks for the help! :rock:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Update: Re-centered the steering wheel and then disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. CEL was off, but ESC light was still on. Drove it around town for about 10 miles and the light went off. Thanks for the help! :rock:

Awesome glad to hear you got it fixed up.

Top Bottom