Cooper tires

Gadget

Caught the Bug
The wife's jeep is due for new tires and she wants something that looks more rugged, but most likely will not see off road duty, just snow. Are the ST Maxx or the STT Pro a decent tire?

toxicwaste29

I know it isn't what you have listed but look at the bfg ko2 tires. They are snow rated however I can't say how well they are since we haven't had any snow here yet

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The wife's jeep is due for new tires and she wants something that looks more rugged, but most likely will not see off road duty, just snow. Are the ST Maxx or the STT Pro a decent tire?

I had the original STT's on an old truck and they didn't clear the snow that well. Granted that was the wet snow and not the fluffy stuff but still something I noticed.

Byte

Definitely the BFG KO2's for snow on pavement. Had the KO's on my Tacoma before I got the KO2's last December and they were both great tires for getting around in snow. Ice...well that's more up to the driver than the tire. ;)

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I had the KOs on my old XJ. They were decent tires but my current Nitto EXO Grapplers are superior. They also have the snow tire rating and their side walls are about twice as thick and have good traction in the snow and slush. I put them on in January of this year while I lived in Rhode Island (for the entire winter) and made several trips up to VT to visit family and Offroad in deep snow. They balance easily, are great in the rain, have been wearing very well and look great.

Take a look at them and see them for yourself.

Top Bottom