Overall Width - ATX Slabs 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers

Buster3479

I have a standard width axle (PR44), and am looking at a near term upgrade to 37's on ATX slabs from 35's on Pintlers. My biggest concern is that our rig is garage kept (top off, windows out, East Coast in the Summer), and we have two narrow doors. Can anyone provide me their real world measurement at the tire base (little bit of bulge) with slabs and 37" TGs? We're planning on buying a house in the next year and a half with a bigger garage, but really want to do 37's now. If I can get it in and out without needing a spotter.....

Thanks!

Buster3479

Measured the door today, 83 7/8". That's not going to be doable. Are you pretty sure on that number? That's about 6" wider than I'm at right now with Pintlers on 35's.

Thanks again - It might put the coffin nails in 37's while renting this house.

Buster3479

Thanks both of you. Unfortunately slabs and 37's are out. It's looking more and more like I need to get 35's again while we're renting this house =(.

Not moving the Jeep outside, I don't want to have to put the top up in summer, and unload fishing gear every night.

Debating Hutchinsons and 37s, but it's only going to get me about 2-3" of door clearance, and my understanding is I'll rub at full stuff, full turn.

Buster3479

Thanks for the advice. On 35's at the moment, and they are getting worn to the point that I'm looking at replacing them. While 37's were a dream, I think staying with 35's for the time being is sound advice. After running Crawl Daddy at RC on 35's, I came home really wanting 37s! I'm realizing more and more that keeping 35's is the best thing for the time being.

Top Bottom