2nd Annual Cowboy Dinner Tree frost bite run

JandSJK

The plan ins to meet in LaPine at the Gordy's truck stop @8a.m. After breakfast take a shortish cut to Hwy 31 and make our way to Christmas Valley sand duns to play and explore. There aren't really any open trails in the area due to animal migration but the dunes are open. I'm thinking 5:30 for dinner reservations. If you don't know what the cowboy dinner tree is you should check out there website:yup: http://www.cowboydinnertree.net/ Last year was a lot off fun come out and join us if you can. I will be making dinner reservations on the 18th of January so if you would like to join us i will need to know how many in your party and weather you would like chicken or steak.

Edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc5R9XOlotw

MTG

Caught the Bug
I used to live in Oregon. Does that count? This looks really cool. Just not in the cards for me now.

JandSJK

last call

If there happens to be any oregon people or anyone for that matter interesed in going i'm putting in the reservations sat.:drinks:

JandSJK

Just a few poser shots from the run on saturday. That steaks about 30oz. So good. 1360034068954.jpg 1360034082326.jpg 1360034108592.jpg 1360034124464.jpg 1360034140442.jpg 1360034158924.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Man, that looks like fun! This is probably about 5-6 hours away from me. A bit far for just a steak, but for the adventure I am really, really tempted. :yup:

What are the logistics? Where did you stay? Or did you drive out and back?

JandSJK

For the start of the trip is about 2 hours away from Eugene so we just go for the day. There is a small motel:eek:in silver lake and one in Christmas valley as well. Or back into La Pine is about 30-45 minutes with a bunch of good places to stay. Out of La Pine we hit a power line road then a forest road to some lava caves that are pretty cool to explore then from there we head to the dunes. The dunes are well.....dunes. Depends on the wind. We got into some deep snow that was cover in a couple inches of sand. Kinda scarey when you are flying across a dune and just sink. Nobody got stuck that they didnt get out under there own power. Was a complete blast and the dinner afterwards just makes the whole trip. If you are interested in doing this sometime let me know i'm sure i can round up a few to go again.

Top Bottom