Evo Rockskins with Bushwacker Flats

Ddays

Hooked
Anyone running this setup? Photos?
I tried searching the forum but didn't see anything. I did a dry fit and looks like its going to be fun :crazyeyes:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I've got the Evo rock skins with stock fenders and had no issues. As long as the BW fenders don't rise up higher than where the stock fenders are, you should be fine! :thumb:

IMG_1705.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Unfortunately I believe they do sit a little higher. They have a beaded edge that seats against the body. I'm running into the same issue with the
rocker skins too.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
So how high do the rocker skins sit after you've installed the fenders and you hold the skins up against the body? The top of my skins is right below the body line where it curves and wraps up to the top, but you can probably try to match that line with the skin to get some more room, it just won't be much. You're also going to have a bit more gap around the corner potentially.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah, what I really need to do is put the painters tape on these so I can get a good dry fit. I held them up while trying to not scratch anything and it definitely looked like they will hit.
I'm not really worried about the rocker skins as much as the rear flares and Rockskins there.

If anyone has done this I'd love to see your pics!

Grubbicon

Found this on Google. It appears that it will work, but worst case you could always trim the opening on the corners just a bit.
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 12.42.47 PM.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I dont think I have any closeups anymore, but they fit fine. I never ran the extra rubber seal thing however so that could get in the way.

Ddays

Hooked
Found this on Google. It appears that it will work, but worst case you could always trim the opening on the corners just a bit.

Thanks for looking that up! I googled but must have given up too soon. Your Jeep is one of the few I've seen with the tire carrier painted body color. I'm going back and forth on red or black. You have any photos of the rear to share? I looked on your profile page but didn't see any...

I dont think I have any closeups anymore, but they fit fine. I never ran the extra rubber seal thing however so that could get in the way.

Thanks, that's great to know. The rear corner skins were my biggest worry. I really wasn't looking forward to modifying either part back there. I can always remove that little bead if needed...

Ddays

Hooked

I just checked your youtube video out....how many trout did you guys take on after that water crossing!? :shock:
That guy in the white Jeep looked like he was in a hurry!!

Grubbicon

I just checked your youtube video out....how many trout did you guys take on after that water crossing!? :shock:
That guy in the white Jeep looked like he was in a hurry!!

Lmao he definitely was hauling ass through there. Heres a few pictures of the carrier.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445537388.039787.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445537425.591007.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445537518.237533.jpg

Top Bottom