Dana 30 front Dana 44 rear.

Al Bundy

Ok was planning on buying some 35 's for my jk. What gears would I need? Also can I run a rear locker on my 44? Can a 30 in the front Handel a locker? Like to hear some input. Thanks.

Webe

Both axles will handle them fine with locker in rear and no locker up front. Just don't get too wild rock crawling on the D30. For gears I went with 4.88 on 6 speed manual. Nice gear ratio.

Al Bundy

Both axles will handle them fine with locker in rear and no locker up front. Just don't get too wild rock crawling on the D30. For gears I went with 4.88 on 6 speed manual. Nice gear ratio.

I have a automatic does it make a difference with the gear ratio?

Al Bundy

You'll be wishing you went 37" or 40", skip the 35" trust me. Save up the $ and go big.

I would love the 37's but man axles are expensive. Plus gears,etc.by the time I'm done I spent what the jeep costs bud. Lol. I'm indecisive

Al Bundy

You'll be wishing you went 37" or 40", skip the 35" trust me. Save up the $ and go big.

What Dana 44 front axel I can get. They have a Tera flex or 1,900.00 or the original Mopar g or 1,800.00. What else would I need to put 37's besides lockers and gears at this point bud.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
What Dana 44 front axel I can get. They have a Tera flex or 1,900.00 or the original Mopar g or 1,800.00. What else would I need to put 37's besides lockers and gears at this point bud.

Those prices, to my knowledge, are just the housings. Add in all the internals and they all come out to $4500 or more.

Axles and their internals are important. They are not something I would try to go cheap on.

I recommend the 4.88s, rear locker and 35s. Will you still have tire envy? Probably or you may find you are happy with the set up. But you'll have a capable JK that can take on a lot more than what it can currently handle.

I recommend the 4.88s, rear locker and 35s. Will you still have tire envy? Probably or you may find you are happy with the set up. But you'll have a capable JK that can take on a lot more than what it can currently handle.

I agree. It is so easy to run 35s well on a JK. To do 37s right is a whole new level and easily twice as much $.

Torqt JK

I didn't realize you had a d30 in front. It would get really expensive to do it right. I suppose 35" is good enough, depending on what type and how often you wheel.

I can't wait until my 35" are thrashed so I can upgrade to 37" and regear

Top Bottom