Or fab tire carrier questions

toxicwaste29

Has anyone bought the or fab tire carrier without rotopax and then installed the rotopax at a later date. I'm just wondering because I've heard the non rotopax version sits closer to the body. If the difference is minimal I'll just get the rotopax version.

Does anyone has issues with rotopax swelling in the heat and getting fumes inside the jeep?

Does the rotopax version come with the rotopax? The picture shows two cans but I didn't see it in the description if they come with the carrier.

Thanks for the answers.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Has anyone bought the or fab tire carrier without rotopax and then installed the rotopax at a later date. I'm just wondering because I've heard the non rotopax version sits closer to the body. If the difference is minimal I'll just get the rotopax version.

Does anyone has issues with rotopax swelling in the heat and getting fumes inside the jeep?

Does the rotopax version come with the rotopax? The picture shows two cans but I didn't see it in the description if they come with the carrier.

Thanks for the answers.

The difference is less than an inch. They give the differences of how far each carrier sits off the body on their website

NAUJK

I currently have the orfab with rotopax. It came with the rotopax. I have issues with them in elevation since I live at 7000 ft. Just relieve the pressure and they're fine. No issues with fumes.
I'm not sure if you can get the non rotopax version and put rotopax on it later.
I like mine a lot it has been a great carrier.
That being said I got it after I bent my tail gate and wanted the stock carrier off my bent gate. But could not afford the carrier I wanted. But now I am in the position to get the one I really wanted. Soon mines currently for sale. I don't know where you are located as I'm on my phone.

It's a good carrier either way.

toxicwaste29

I currently have the orfab with rotopax. It came with the rotopax. I have issues with them in elevation since I live at 7000 ft. Just relieve the pressure and they're fine. No issues with fumes.
I'm not sure if you can get the non rotopax version and put rotopax on it later.
I like mine a lot it has been a great carrier.
That being said I got it after I bent my tail gate and wanted the stock carrier off my bent gate. But could not afford the carrier I wanted. But now I am in the position to get the one I really wanted. Soon mines currently for sale. I don't know where you are located as I'm on my phone.

It's a good carrier either way.

Pm sent. To check profiles on mobile click the persons post and then go to the three dots and click view authors profile. I'm on Android and the three dots are in the upper right hand corner.

toxicwaste29

Thanks both of you. I'm not worried about an inch difference. I just haven't ever been a fan of plastic gas cans so wanted to be reassured. I really like my metal safety cans

Top Bottom