Lift kit wj

ty Mitchell

So i went the cheap route for now and purchased a 2.5" lift kit for the wj. Im hoping it will give it a nice look and possibly fit 32's after i purchase the fender flares

WJCO

Meme King
So i went the cheap route for now and purchased a 2.5" lift kit for the wj. Im hoping it will give it a nice look and possibly fit 32's after i purchase the fender flares

Good deal. So you're going to do the flares? If so, I would think you should be able to fit 32s. If you don't wheel hard, I bet you don't even have to mess with the bump stops. If you do the flares, the trimming will be enough where you won't rub while turning, except possibly the front bumper which is really easy to trim. The only spot you could potentially rub is if the top of the tire hit the fender during a full flex. You may need wheel spacers too if the tires hit your shocks or sway bars. I did my spacers at the same time, so I don't know if I would have rubbed or not. And if you don't do heavy offroading, you won't need to worry about re-locating the washer bottle.

What all does the kit come with?

jamesrw30

I haven't used any spacers and so far I haven't had any issues. Keep us updated with install pics on the flares. Definitely something I want to do one day.

ty Mitchell

It just come with springs and shocks. I planned on upgrading my stabilizer and eventually go with spacers but i wanna see how it rides first

longarmwj

I speak from experience here. When you lift a WJ, do NOT go cheap. It will end up costing you more money in the long run. Do it right the first time. There are plenty of good 2.5" lift springs out there. Kevins and IRO come to mind. But don't do the entire kits. Order the springs, then shocks (I run Rancho, and love them, plus they are a vendor here), and then I would HIGHLY recommend control arms. They aren't required at 2.5" but they are always a good upgrade.

ty Mitchell

Lol that is def on my list just borrowed my friends floor jack to do the back lol takes too long with scissor jacks

Top Bottom