Chopped fender liners

CarolinaJK

I chopped my fenders a few days back and also trimmed the factory liners. However even with pretty decent precision, the liners don't line up very well near the rear of the wheel well. Is there another aftermarket liner that seems to line up better with chopped fenders?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445624407.177770.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445624407.177770.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 213

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
None that I know of. Crawler concept has some, but I wouldn't pay the 300 price tag. If it bothers you, just run without them.

YellowJK

Crawler, DV8, Poison Spyder and I guess Metal Cloak if you want to go through that trouble to put theirs on but they are the cheapest.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I chopped my fenders a few days back and also trimmed the factory liners. However even with pretty decent precision, the liners don't line up very well near the rear of the wheel well. Is there another aftermarket liner that seems to line up better with chopped fenders?

it looks great! whats the issue? I HOPE mine come out that nice! just touch up the liner with some sandpaper and be happy!

CarolinaJK

Thanks for all of the kind words guys! Definitely okay with the look, but was just trying to get a full cover(SC is primarily mud). But fhis will do LOL. I really don't and won't pay metalcloak or CC prices for liners. Thanks for the advice though guys!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
As others have said, nothing you can really do about it, and the aftermarket options are expensive just to have some blingy fender liners. I just cleaned the ones on my old '08 JK by using some door edge trim on them to clean up the look. Still served it's purpose of keeping mud/trail debris out of the engine bay. In the close up pic of the wheel well you can see a hole in the body just in front of the aft end of the fender flare. My fender liners would come loose at the aft end after I trimmed them since there was nothing holding them in anymore, so I drilled a small hole in the liner and zip tied it to that hole in the body and had no more issues.

9b60d47c.jpg 585e3d9f.jpg

Last edited:

CarolinaJK

As others have said, nothing you can really do about it, and the aftermarket options are expensive just to have some blingy fender liners. I just cleaned the ones on my old '08 JK by using some door edge trim on them to clean up the look. Still served it's purpose of keeping mud/trail debris out of the engine bay. In the close up pic of the wheel well you can see a hole in the body just in front of the aft end of the fender flare. My fender liners would come loose at the aft end after I trimmed them since there was nothing holding them in anymore, so I drilled a small hole in the liner and zip tied it to that hole in the body and had no more issues.

View attachment 170583 View attachment 170584

That's exactly what I did. I may try the door trim though. That does make it look much better and I have a good amount left from lining my flares.

Clark Collins

My chopped fender liners let mud pack in the opening between the body panels behind the fender so I pop riveted some black landscaping edging to the liner in the back. It keeps mud from packing in that area. I can post a photo if anyone is interested in trying that. I might have cut off too much of the liner in that area to create the problem, but without comparing with an uncut liner I'm not sure.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

View attachment 170583 View attachment 170584

Your fenders look great also!

JK LYF

I think it looks fine.

aaronstephen

My chopped fender liners let mud pack in the opening between the body panels behind the fender so I pop riveted some black landscaping edging to the liner in the back. It keeps mud from packing in that area. I can post a photo if anyone is interested in trying that. I might have cut off too much of the liner in that area to create the problem, but without comparing with an uncut liner I'm not sure.

I'd like to see what you came up with. Post a pic if you don't mind.

aaronstephen

Thanks. I ended up chopping the fenders yesterday and was able to cut the liners to follow the fender so there's no gap.

Top Bottom