Rear end shifted question

Wethy

So when I was washing the jeep today to get ready for some winter prep I noticed my rear end was shifted to one side more than the other. I know it can shift with movement and articulation. but sitting on level ground?
Shifted to drivers side currently I will check again when I get home maybe I'm just crazy but if it is shifted what can I do to get it centered? It's a frame side bracket could that be the culprit?

Jk909

Is it bad or just a little? I know the axel shifts a little when you lift your jeep without an adjustable trackbar

Wethy

Is it bad or just a little? I know the axel shifts a little when you lift your jeep without an adjustable trackbar

I would say 1/2-3/4" maybe I'm not too concerned as it drives fine but I wasn't sure if it was because of the Bracket or not. Just looking for opinions that's all

I would say 1/2-3/4" maybe I'm not too concerned as it drives fine but I wasn't sure if it was because of the Bracket or not. Just looking for opinions that's all

Lifting it without trackbar correction will shift the rear axle twords passenger side. Id double check the measurements.

Edit. Does it have a raised trackbR bracket or adj. trackbar in the rear?

Last edited:

Wethy

Lifting it without trackbar correction will shift the rear axle twords passenger side. Id double check the measurements.

Edit. Does it have a raised trackbR bracket or adj. trackbar in the rear?

Last I looked it was shifted drivers side I could tell by looking at the links. It has a frame side drop bracket. Also looking at my tires on the drivers side you can see the tread blocks on drivers side bout 1/2". On the passenger side you could see where the tread met the sidewalk (when comparing it I used the edge of the fender flare

Last I looked it was shifted drivers side I could tell by looking at the links. It has a frame side drop bracket. Also looking at my tires on the drivers side you can see the tread blocks on drivers side bout 1/2". On the passenger side you could see where the tread met the sidewalk (when comparing it I used the edge of the fender flare

Does the bracket have more than one mounting hole for the bar? Could be they over compensated for your amount of lift.

Wethy

Does the bracket have more than one mounting hole for the bar? Could be they over compensated for your amount of lift.

Only one hole and I checked before I installed the hole was 2.5" centre to centre So I couldn't imagine it's over compensating. I am aware an axle shifts when articulating but my driveway is flat so I can't imagine that'd be the reason either ha ha

Wethy

I must have been crazy because I just got home and took these pictures ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445651526.347534.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445651570.668700.jpg

I must just be crazy seems like a negligible difference here. I appreciate the help anyways everyone

Jiffy05

I must have been crazy because I just got home and took these pictures

I must just be crazy seems like a negligible difference here. I appreciate the help anyways everyone

I wouldnt worry much about that little bit.

Top Bottom