Jeep won't turn properly

Krystianjk

So after doing doughnuts on a flat area with sand my jeep made this loud screeching noise and when I was turning into my driveway I had to use a lot of strength to turn right / left ? Any idea? Could be the steering stabilizer?

hydrohut

Just wondering. Is it still in four wheel drive? Lockers disengaged?....
Can't imagine what would be screeching but maybe you over did it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So after doing doughnuts on a flat area with sand my jeep made this loud screeching noise and when I was turning into my driveway I had to use a lot of strength to turn right / left ? Any idea? Could be the steering stabilizer?

I highly doubt it's the steering stabilizer. It's used for dampening. Maybe try taking it off and running without it, see if anything improves. My only guesses would be maybe tie rod, or something internal. If you can throw up a pic of your front axle and steering components maybe someone can see if something is out of place. I agree, check to see if it's still in 4X or if the locker is engaged. I made the mistake once of putting a Detroit non selectable locker in my International Scout and that damn thing screeched and clanked like it was breaking in damn near every turn.

Krystianjk

I highly doubt it's the steering stabilizer. It's used for dampening. Maybe try taking it off and running without it, see if anything improves. My only guesses would be maybe tie rod, or something internal. If you can throw up a pic of your front axle and steering components maybe someone can see if something is out of place. I agree, check to see if it's still in 4X or if the locker is engaged. I made the mistake once of putting a Detroit non selectable locker in my International Scout and that damn thing screeched and clanked like it was breaking in damn near every turn.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445698594.267544.jpg one picture

Does it get easier to turn with higher RPM's?

Sounds like a power steering pump went out. Mine squealed for a it before it totally gave up the ghost.

jeeeep

Hooked
yeah, power steering pumps generally don't like donuts, causes the fluid to overheat.

If it's under warranty you might me able to get it replaced. you may get lucky flushing and replacing the fluid.

JAGS

Hooked

View attachment 170802 yeah 2.5 in. Lift and 35s

Chances are because of the increase size of tires your pump wont be under warranty, but like others have mentioned it sounds like the PS pump. Check the belt first though.

That's one reason I was asking. [emoji106] The other is that in the pic above, the front links look too short and your sway bar is not at the correct angle. Might want to consider some longer links.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's one reason I was asking. [emoji106] The other is that in the pic above, the front links look too short and your sway bar is not at the correct angle. Might want to consider some longer links.

Actually if it's not a rubicon the links are probably fine. Not that sway bar links have anything to do with this.

Top Bottom