Manual to Auto Conversion

Spencer11496

So today is one of those lazy Saturday's and a thought creeped into my head: What would it take to convert my 07 JKU from a stick to an auto?

Right now I've determined that it'll be a lot of work and more expensive than I think, and what I think is that it'll be about $5k.

I know I'll need the transmission and all the interior bezels, probably new drive shafts, and computer systems of some sort, but I don't know any specifics or what all the whole process would require step by step so any guidance or suggestion would be much appreciated.

My thoughts are to find an 07 JKU in a junkyard, buy it and salvage everything from it to transfer into my JKU.

Mtb275

Why not just buy an automatic and sell your manual? Transfer over all your aftermarket parts that you want.

bfschor

Why would you want to do this?

I would consider the above statement of doing the V8/auto swap all at once. Especially if you love your jeep and you have a lot invested in it. MoTech has a very good reputation of doing these conversions. You'll get what some argue as a better tranny AND you'll get a lot more power.

If you haven't done a lot of mods to your jeep and you consider it as just another "car", then I'd just run down and trade it in for one with an auto. But go test drive one first. You may reconsider.

Galo

Why would you want to do this?

I would consider the above statement of doing the V8/auto swap all at once. Especially if you love your jeep and you have a lot invested in it. MoTech has a very good reputation of doing these conversions. You'll get what some argue as a better tranny AND you'll get a lot more power.

If you haven't done a lot of mods to your jeep and you consider it as just another "car", then I'd just run down and trade it in for one with an auto. But go test drive one first. You may reconsider.

I second this motion. If this was my situation anyway. $0.02

G.

Zstairlessone

Not sure the 2007 4-speed auto is worth the effort. Like above, either trade in your Jeep or sell it outright and buy a used (or new) one. Go for a 2012 and up if you are going to get an automatic though.

Spencer11496

My previous jeep was an 07 2dr auto with 35s and it was great, then again I haven't driven any other jk besides that one and my current one

Top Bottom