Attention 6 speed owners!

LAJK

I recently swapped out my slave cylinder and jeep doesn't want to go In to gear. Bleed the clutch multiple times. I can pump the clutch and gain some pressure to put jeep in gear but once I let the clutch out I need to pump the pedal a few more times to have clutch disengage. Any one ever have this kind of thing happen? Also I have absolutely no fluid leaking anywhere and reservoir is full. Any thought on what can be causing this? Really want to be able to drive my jeep!

Galo

LAJK,

My first thought is to suspect the master cylinder, if you are confident that the install of the slave is good and has been well bled.

I have also learned to never discount new parts from the equation, when they are related to a continuing problem. In other words, I cannot help but also suspect the 'new' slave cylinder.
Maybe someone here has a better answer, as I'm not sure this is much help.

Good Day and God Bless.

G.

Lance628

I recently swapped out my slave cylinder and jeep doesn't want to go In to gear. Bleed the clutch multiple times. I can pump the clutch and gain some pressure to put jeep in gear but once I let the clutch out I need to pump the pedal a few more times to have clutch disengage. Any one ever have this kind of thing happen? Also I have absolutely no fluid leaking anywhere and reservoir is full. Any thought on what can be causing this? Really want to be able to drive my jeep!

I would say it still has air in it they are a real pita to bleed I had to do mine 4 times and the last time was a week after I put it in

mcsjk

I was having an issue similar to this. Except my clutch pedal would start out with pressure and I would lose it during highway driving. I replaced my master and slave cylinders and it fixed my problem.

jeeeep

Hooked
if it's similar to the tj, i suspect it is, you don't use the slave cylinder bleed screw and pumping the clutch does not bleed it.
you have to open the master cap, make sure the plastic cover piece is also off and then manually pump the slave to bleed it out through the master, keep fluid handy.
this is the same process i used on my austin as well, one of those things that does not change over time

Top Bottom