Door Seal Leak

JKBlackie

We just ran into a lot of rain over the past few days here in Dallas, and I came out to my Jeep one morning to find a standing puddle of water on the drivers side floor board. I popped up the drain plugs to drain it, but it keeps leaking and filling up. It seems like theres a small leak dripping in a little bit of water on the driver's door. I think it may because of the seal around my door. Anyone else experience this before or have any solutions to this problem? My Jeep is smelling nice and musty from the leak.

Thanks everyone!

ManVan13

Mine has leaked on the pass side toward the a pillar from the door and I was told to loosen my freedom top screws that go into the sound bar so I did and that has seem to fix it so far.

JKBlackie

Mine has leaked on the pass side toward the a pillar from the door and I was told to loosen my freedom top screws that go into the sound bar so I did and that has seem to fix it so far.

Ok sweet. I have a Trektop NX but I may try loosening that screw to see if it helps. Thanks!

Eugene the Jeep

I had a leak on the passenger side a pillar and b pillar. I used md products 01033 rubber gasket to stop the leaks. You need to install it behind your door seal along the top and about 2 inch down towards the front of your doors. You can get it at the big box hardware stores or Amazon.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
We just ran into a lot of rain over the past few days here in Dallas, and I came out to my Jeep one morning to find a standing puddle of water on the drivers side floor board. I popped up the drain plugs to drain it, but it keeps leaking and filling up. It seems like theres a small leak dripping in a little bit of water on the driver's door. I think it may because of the seal around my door. Anyone else experience this before or have any solutions to this problem? My Jeep is smelling nice and musty from the leak.

Thanks everyone!

I recently experienced this and used this YouTube video to fix it.

https://youtu.be/dAQi4Uzi8PY

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I recently experienced this and used this YouTube video to fix it.

https://youtu.be/dAQi4Uzi8PY

I'm actually going to try this. I had a small drip from the drivers side half door when I first bought the Jeep. The dealership said they would fix that, and ever since all of the half doors have leaked. They have tried to fix them no less than 6 times, even replacing the half door uppers, and each time they leak. Should have left well enough alone! Lol!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm actually going to try this. I had a small drip from the drivers side half door when I first bought the Jeep. The dealership said they would fix that, and ever since all of the half doors have leaked. They have tried to fix them no less than 6 times, even replacing the half door uppers, and each time they leak. Should have left well enough alone! Lol!

It's worked for me so far. They guy in the video descibes the same thing I was seeing. I bough a ten foot roll of weather stripping for boats and used 5 feet for both front doors.

Thanks everyone!

This exact thing happened to me this morning. I had about 3 inches of water in the jeep

AaronG83NM

Had a lot of rain here in New Mexico last week and found a puddle under the back seats of my JK. Both body plugs are in and I have no idea where it's coming from.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
And today my passenger side decided to be the one to leak. I think it's time to fix those seals

Lol! I feel your pain. Which door leaks depends on how I park or which way the rain decides to pour down. It can be frustrating for sure. I'm going to put some of those seals on all the doors and see if it helps any. The half door upper haves are a little flexible, so we'll see if it does anything.

lil'wizzy

Late to the game

I had this issue with my 08 Sahara Unlimited. I did the weather stripping thing in the door jam and it fixed it... but then the B-Pillar seal where the real problem. And of course, they're only used on the 08/09 models, and are -1500 due to supplier change/back-order/HUGE ISSUE/etc.

JakeJK

Mines leaking bad now directly down the front side of the passenger door into the floor of the passenger. It's extremely annoying and makes the carpet smell bad.

JChamblee

Same thing happened to me, got into the jeep yesterday and both front floorboards were wet. It was raining sideways with up to 40mph gusts at my house a a tornado watch though. anytime mine has leaked I've just gone to autozone and purchased a roll of weatherstripping and replaced the worn out foam strip at the front corner of both front doors, works every time and lasts for about 10-12 months.

wcarlson40

Same thing happened to me, got into the jeep yesterday and both front floorboards were wet. It was raining sideways with up to 40mph gusts at my house a a tornado watch though. anytime mine has leaked I've just gone to autozone and purchased a roll of weatherstripping and replaced the worn out foam strip at the front corner of both front doors, works every time and lasts for about 10-12 months.

Pics please?

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I've got a 2014. had new seals put in. went through a carwash. nothing. had a rain overnight, carpet was wet. I don't if I didn't close the doors all the way. another day, had a hard rain, the floors were dry. So inconsistent. can't tell if I didn't close the doors correctly or if the new door seals are not working. Shame Jeep can't fix this issue. They had it for days the last time they had it. If it happens again, I'm going back or will fix it myself.

JAGS

Hooked
I've got a 2014. had new seals put in. went through a carwash. nothing. had a rain overnight, carpet was wet. I don't if I didn't close the doors all the way. another day, had a hard rain, the floors were dry. So inconsistent. can't tell if I didn't close the doors correctly or if the new door seals are not working. Shame Jeep can't fix this issue. They had it for days the last time they had it. If it happens again, I'm going back or will fix it myself.

Soft top? Hard top? Where was it wet?

My (2012) front carpets used to get wet in rain showers when I went to a soft top. I like some of the solutions posted in this thread and referenced in the linked thread. I also did a mod of my own that so far has worked for the front door leak issue with my soft top.

This said, I still hate how much water drips in while raining when you open the door. Usually not a big deal here in SoCal, but were expected to have El Niño coming up.

Top Bottom