PDA

View Full Version : Tire recommendations

Krystianjk
10-26-2015, 03:52 AM
So tomorrow I'll finally be pulling the trigger on some spyderlock beads, and I was wondering if anyone had any 37" tire recommendations? I was thinking mud grappler, and I've had the trail grapplers and I'm looking to try out something else 170946

cozdude
10-26-2015, 04:01 AM
So tomorrow I'll finally be pulling the trigger on some spyderlock beads, and I was wondering if anyone had any 37" tire recommendations? I was thinking mud grappler, and I've had the trail grapplers and I'm looking to try out something else 170946

Honestly you can't go wrong with either tire. The trails will be a lot quieter than the muds so if noise is an issue your not going to like them

JakeJK
10-26-2015, 04:03 AM

BFG mud terrains if you're looking for a mud tire with longevity

Krystianjk
10-26-2015, 03:49 PM
Honestly you can't go wrong with either tire. The trails will be a lot quieter than the muds so if noise is an issue your not going to like them
Nah noise won't be a problem at all lol, I've gotten used to it

BFG mud terrains if you're looking for a mud tire with longevity

171040 nvm I thought you put good year, but do you know If this tire is any good?

cozdude
10-26-2015, 04:01 PM

171040 nvm I thought you put good year, but do you know If this tire is any good?

Some people like that tire and most of the others don't. I ran them and didn't like them that much. Jnabird runs them on his jku and really likes them.

JakeJK
10-26-2015, 08:02 PM

I think they're too expensive for what they are to be honest

Dyerjk
10-27-2015, 06:49 AM
BFG KM2's have been real nice. I do lots of rock crawling. Search the site for them and see what's said.

Shantz
10-27-2015, 06:52 AM
I love my Mickey MTZ... 35's are just fine for me.

wayoflife
10-27-2015, 03:19 PM
If you're okay with the noise, Mud Grapplers are a good tire and one that I would recommend.

MT/R's are without question the WORST tire I have ever run and I would not recommend them. They are very difficult to balance, have funny road manners due to their directional like tread design and their sidewalls are super weak.

noroad
10-27-2015, 03:34 PM
If you are going between Nitto trails and Muds I would say Trails! They are pretty good in the mud, great on the rocks and dirt. from what I have seen it the mud grapplers are a great tire in all the same areas. but if you have off camber mud climbs they hold poorly on the sideways slides. Also don't know if this is a factor or not but Nittos are heavy!

wayoflife
10-27-2015, 04:36 PM
If you are going between Nitto trails and Muds I would say Trails! They are pretty good in the mud, great on the rocks and dirt. from what I have seen it the mud grapplers are a great tire in all the same areas. but if you have off camber mud climbs they hold poorly on the sideways slides. Also don't know if this is a factor or not but Nittos are heavy!

I have not seen this happen with my Mud Grapplers but, I could see how that could happen. Of the two, I would say that the Trail Grapplers are a better all around tire.

noroad
10-27-2015, 04:39 PM
I have not seen this happen with my Mud Grapplers but, I could see how that could happen. Of the two, I would say that the Trail Grapplers are a better all around tire.

Its not super common, but if you get in the right spot they slide a little, which could end in some tree bump or something of that nature.

toxicwaste29
10-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Do you want a mud tire or more of an all terrain tire?

Krystianjk
10-27-2015, 09:44 PM
Mud tire I mud a lot in Miami

patr1ckm
10-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Not mud tire but Duratracs can perform well in the mud and they are more aggressive than an AT.

wayoflife
10-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Mud tire I mud a lot in Miami

Fast forward to 9:27 and you will see our Jeep running Mud Grapplers and clearing a line on a muddy hill that nobody else was able to clear that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrVxkvsHdoA

At least from what I have seen, these tires work well in the sticky stuff.

Jeepinfor5
10-28-2015, 03:32 PM
If you're okay with the noise, Mud Grapplers are a good tire and one that I would recommend.

MT/R's are without question the WORST tire I have ever run and I would not recommend them. They are very difficult to balance, have funny road manners due to their directional like tread design and their sidewalls are super weak.

Absolutely correct about the balancing, after several attempts it's only gotten worse.