Interior carpet

RoughRider

What's a good alternative to the carpet, I'm not sure if I'm looking to replace the carpet or get a new set, I don't mind the carpet mine is just beginning to stink from all the numerous rain storms, and I'm looking for suggestions!

noroad

I have seen people just take it out and run floor mats, people also line x or raptor line the tub. from everything I have seen ill just stick with carpet and make sure I dry it out, as the noise and heat level go up once you take it out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
bedrug is a product I see people switching to. seems like a good option for when the factory one goes to shit and you don't want to do what noroad mentioned above

hbkid22

I have a set of bedtred by bedrug....They have held up and like them. You can pull them easily. Only downside I have seen is you have to pull them out to drain as there is no opening to let water out of the drain plug (thought about cutting one but have not yet). Not an issue if at home but on the trail a little annoyance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, I love the factory carpet being that it's also designed to act as a heat shield and noise dampener. Are you making sure to pull your drain plugs to and propping it up after a good downpour to help air it out? It helps a lot.

Lance628

Have you checked out the bed tred yet it works as an insulator but is a preformed rubber mat it looks pretty good I was thinking about doing it myself

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Have you checked out the bed tred yet it works as an insulator but is a preformed rubber mat it looks pretty good I was thinking about doing it myself

I run the bed tred in my rig. I was having to dry out my carpet a lot with all the rain here in SC. I drilled holes in it to use the factory carpet clips and retain the use of my slush mats as well. There are some pics in the build thread in my signature. Sound dampening quality is really good, and I have been more than pleased with my decision to use it. I run with most of my drain plugs out and have had no issues with standing water. There are seams where the different parts come together and the water has flowed through there and out the drain plugs. Even with the recent heavy rain and flooding enough to declare a state of emergency here in Columbia SC, I had no standing water. Lots of leaks, but no standing water lol. Easy to clean, and the texture is not abrasive at all but offers good traction. I will admit though, I thought it was a pain in the ass to install. I thought I was going to need therapy afterwards. Worth it, but not easy IMO.

Lance628

I run the bed tred in my rig. I was having to dry out my carpet a lot with all the rain here in SC. I drilled holes in it to use the factory carpet clips and retain the use of my slush mats as well. There are some pics in the build thread in my signature. Sound dampening quality is really good, and I have been more than pleased with my decision to use it. I run with most of my drain plugs out and have had no issues with standing water. There are seams where the different parts come together and the water has flowed through there and out the drain plugs. Even with the recent heavy rain and flooding enough to declare a state of emergency here in Columbia SC, I had no standing water. Lots of leaks, but no standing water lol. Easy to clean, and the texture is not abrasive at all but offers good traction. I will admit though, I thought it was a pain in the ass to install. I thought I was going to need therapy afterwards. Worth it, but not easy IMO.

Thanks for the input after reading this I think I will def pull the trigger on it soon

SFNick

I pulled out all my carpet and bed lined the inside, it looked great for awhile but soon started to fade. The fading didn't bother me as much as the heat did though. The heat in the summer months coming up through the floor was too much to bare for me. I bought the Bedtred and it's been great but it still allows more radiate heat from the exhaust than the carpet does.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I pulled out all my carpet and bed lined the inside, it looked great for awhile but soon started to fade. The fading didn't bother me as much as the heat did though. The heat in the summer months coming up through the floor was too much to bare for me. I bought the Bedtred and it's been great but it still allows more radiate heat from the exhaust than the carpet does.

I had the same issue on my CJ7. I ran with the top off most of the time. The Bedliner faded, was a bitch to clean, and in the end I wasn't all that happy with it. It turned a grayish color. It bothered me enough that I re-Bedlined it and wouldn't you know, faded again in about a year. That's was a bit of money down the drain lol.

Top Bottom