Is this a fast inflation time without a tank? -

naysjp

Trying not to hijack anyone's thread. I realize I don't have 35s/ 37s so don't start on me about tire size. I had a York on my last Jeep w/ tank and now have the ARB dual compressor and was wondering if it's efficient without a tank. I have a stock JK with 31s on it (don't start) and I aired down the tire to 15psi and aired it up to 25psi in 38 secs. In relation to the tire tire size does that sound relatively fast without a tank? I've read a lot the the threads here but wanted to get opinions after putting up the inflation time I experimented with this evening.

naysjp

I view youtube videos and it sounds like the ones on the video so I'm it sounds like both motors are working. It's loud. I was thinking maybe I should add a 2 gallon tank to it to make it more efficient so the motors wouldn't have to work as hard and fill tires off the tank.

Dyerjk

I love my twin ARB. Sounds about right. I have 35's and air down to 10-12, and run at 32-35. I air up in about 90 seconds per tire, give or take.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Yeah, that sounds pretty fast to me. Of course, I'm used to airing up 40's so you most likely get all 4 tires done in the time it takes me to finish one :crazyeyes:

naysjp

The Jeep will have 35's on it but I wanted to make sure this thing was worth the money I shelled out on it. I was going to go 33s but w/ 4 doors I think the next tire size will be 35. Not sure if my mom can get into the Jeep with 37s on it so it will be 35s till I figure something out. I didn't want to put these 31s on there but that Mojave run took out 2 tires at once at the wrong time.:bleh:

RockyJk

LOL!! Yeah, that sounds pretty fast to me. Of course, I'm used to airing up 40's so you most likely get all 4 tires done in the time it takes me to finish one :crazyeyes:

What would you recommend for 37's? I have a small smitty compressor but that thing would take almost 10 mins a tire with 35's on my 2 door I seriously doubt it'll air up the 37's lol

JAGS

Hooked
What would you recommend for 37's? I have a small smitty compressor but that thing would take almost 10 mins a tire with 35's on my 2 door I seriously doubt it'll air up the 37's lol

I use the viar 400P for my 37s. I don't have beadlocks so don't really go below 12-14 PSI. But it has been pretty good to me this far and doesn't take forever to get back to 28PSI.

It's not a twin ARB, but it wasn't as expensive either. You can run a single ARB, but the Viar actually has a better rate than the single.

jedg

I view youtube videos and it sounds like the ones on the video so I'm it sounds like both motors are working. It's loud. I was thinking maybe I should add a 2 gallon tank to it to make it more efficient so the motors wouldn't have to work as hard and fill tires off the tank.

I have an ARB twin and had a 2 gallon tank attached. When airing up (35s that I drop to 12psi and then back to 28psi) the compressor would kick on almost immediately with the tank. I eventually took the tank out (more room and one less point of failure) and my times remained the same. Stick with just the compressor. From what I think I know (which is always suspect), the tank would help with lockers and perhaps tools that use less CFM than your compressor produces.

RockyJk

I use the viar 400P for my 37s. I don't have beadlocks so don't really go below 12-14 PSI. But it has been pretty good to me this far and doesn't take forever to get back to 28PSI.

It's not a twin ARB, but it wasn't as expensive either. You can run a single ARB, but the Viar actually has a better rate than the single.

Oh ok I'll look into that one, I was thinking about going the powertank route but those setups almost cost as much as a twin arb lol

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
From one stocker to another you're airing up really fast. At the moment I'm using a POS cigar lighter portable unit that takes exactly 10mins from 15 to 32lbs. I think I read a Tom Clancy novel this summer while waiting to air up at the end of the day. You're definitely good!:yup:

naysjp

From one stocker to another you're airing up really fast. At the moment I'm using a POS cigar lighter portable unit that takes exactly 10mins from 15 to 32lbs. I think I read a Tom Clancy novel this summer while waiting to air up at the end of the day. You're definitely good!:yup:

I spit out my dinner laughing at this. That was kind of funny.

dillard09

Haha! That's funny. My uncle - in-law has one of those plug in ones. With my Pwerplant i filled up my 37's from 10# to 30# and then did 3 of his 35's from 15# to 30# while he was still in his first tire! Tha

Top Bottom