Any jeeps with the new prorock xd60

sc_rhino

Just watched dynatrac's video on the pr xd60 and was wondering if there are any jeeps with them? Is the rear version better/equal to the pr80?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We're hoping to get one some day but don't have one and don't know anyone with one yet. Sorry.

jk12blk

I spoke with Dynatrac the week before last. I'm debating between the XD60 or a custom SpiderTrax axle to replace my PR44 now that I'm 40s. I believe the person I spoke with at Dynatrac said the XD has a 10" ring gear, stronger pumpkin , and new new stronger cover - as compared to the PR60. The outers are the same as the PR60 if I recall what he said correctly. And I thought he said Offroad Evolution was selling them now. I recommend calling Dynatrac to get the details if you want one. Btw, if you plan on installing your own custom mounts you can save roughly $600 by ordering bare tubes.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I heard they would be avaliable sometime after SEMA. But this was back at EJS when I talked to them.

iRonin

Not to resurrect this thread if it's too old but I do have an XD60 in the rear now, and I'm a few miles out from breaking it in so it's close to prime time. Happy to answer questions best I can, and my build thread also has a time-lapse of the swap. :beer:

The only sort of atypical thing I did with my config was opting to keep the 5x5 pattern seeing as how I already had a PR44 in the front set up that way, and my ProComp wheels continue to surprise me so bead-locks keep getting pushed out on the upgrade priority.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Not to resurrect this thread if it's too old but I do have an XD60 in the rear now, and I'm a few miles out from breaking it in so it's close to prime time. Happy to answer questions best I can, and my build thread also has a time-lapse of the swap. :beer:

The only sort of atypical thing I did with my config was opting to keep the 5x5 pattern seeing as how I already had a PR44 in the front set up that way, and my ProComp wheels continue to surprise me so bead-locks keep getting pushed out on the upgrade priority.

We would love to see a photo if you can.

I am taking my rig into ORE in May and will have an XD60 in the rear as well. I would love to see the brakes, since I understand the rear axle has very large brakes, so much so that I only needed to go with the Progrips in the front on my PR44.

MTG

Caught the Bug

I am taking my rig into ORE in May and will have an XD60 in the rear as well. I would love to see the brakes, since I understand the rear axle has very large brakes, so much so that I only needed to go with the Progrips in the front on my PR44.

You are going with a PR44 in the front? :thinking:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

Yeh, I am only going up to 37 inch tires. PR60 in the front would have been overkill for 37 inches, in my limited and humble opinion. I will have to use two front spacers to meet up the front wheels with the rear XD60 axle width as well as making the bolt pattern match the rear 5.5 on 5 for the XD60.

Starting in June, let's see if you and I can break the front axle, okay? :rock:

Last edited:

iRonin

Sorry to disappoint, but I did not go with the upgraded brakes on the rear - in the time-lapse you can see me swap the backing plates/rotors over from the original D44 setup, so it's all still stock. To be fair, Dynatrac did recommend I go ahead and upgrade the brakes but TBH, on 37s I haven't really noticed a problem with stoppage, so I'm going to use my experience on the D60 to see if it changes my mind. I suppose I could do some controlled 60-0 tests and see what kinds of distances I get. Any particular pics you want otherwise?

Yeh, I am only going up to 37 inch tires. PR60 in the front would have been overkill for 37 inches, in my limited and humble opinion. I will have to use two front spacers to meet up the front wheels with the rear XD60 axle width as well as making the bolt pattern match the rear 5.5 on 5 for the XD60.

Starting in June, let's see if you and I can break the front axle, okay? :rock:

I'm in the same boat; the original plan for this build was to stop at 37" tires, however with my wife having a 2 door, should I decide to go 40s later, she would inherit the PR44 (and whatever 37s I have) as an upgrade, and I'd just need to swap in another xd60 for my front. Note that unless you're doing 5.5 on 5 on purpose you can have the XD60 configured to match - I had mind done to the standard 07+ JK 5 on 5.

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Unless you want full float that is...

Yup. Had a 30 minute conversation with Steve at Dynatrac exploring the options of going the 60 route. Probably going to end up with same setup iRonin went with. The full float is just overkill for what I'm gonna do and it's not just another $2500 more when you have to buy beadlocks all over again. Not to mention you run into the issue of compatibility across rigs on the trail and I don't run with anybody that has 5x5.5.

Top Bottom