Omix-ADA to Showcase Expanded Historic Jeep Collection at SEMA 2015

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OMG, I think I just died and went to Jeep heaven!! Just got a press release from Omix-Ada and see that among other things, they are going to be bringing the following amazing Jeeps with them!! :wings:

1946 Willys CJ-2A Farm Jeep
One of the first examples of post-war civilian-era Jeeps, the CJ-2A was marketed as the “All-Around Farm Work-Horse”. With dual-wheels front and rear, the CJ-2A provided exception traction in rugged farm terrain, allowing workers to bring vehicle mounted tools anywhere needed. This particular example features a welding unit in the passenger area, a rear-mounted Newgren buzz saw with table, and a side-arm mower bar on the driver’s side.

Omix-ADA 1946 Willys CJ-2A Farm Jeep (High Res).jpg

1947 Willys CJ-2A Fire Truck
Produced as early as 1945, a small number of these models were converted to serve as fire trucks. These small, nimble 4×4 fire trucks were perfect for fighting small fires before they got too big and were the perfect size as they could go where the larger fire trucks would not fit. This example was purchased from Mark A. Smith, founder of Jeep Jamboree USA, and is one of only a few hundred originally produced by Boyer.

cj2a-fire.jpg

1955 Willys Pickup
This 1955 Willys 4x4 pickup truck was originally used by the A.W. Berryesa Company in Bridgeport, California. It is equipped with a 226 c.i. Super Hurricane 6-cylinder Continental engine, T-90 transmission and four wheel drive.

55-pickup.jpg

1959 Jeep FC-150
One of only 1,546 examples produced in 1959. These trucks were primarily marketed as work vehicles for corporate, municipal, military, farm and civilian use. The layout features a cab over (forward control) design. This FC-150 features a hydraulic bed and a later, wider chassis.

59-fc.jpg

1978 Jeep J-10 Pickup
A remarkably well-preserved example, this J-10 features extremely low mileage (2,440 original miles), an exclusive Levi denim interior and air conditioning – a rare option for J-10 pickups. It is equipped with a factory automatic transmission, 360 c.i. V8 engine and optional brush guard and light bar.

j-10.jpg

1982 Jeep CJ-7 Fire Truck
Prior to being owned by Omix-ADA, this CJ-7 was used as a brush fire truck with the Northwest Homer Fire Protection District in Texas. It was designed to battle wildfires in areas where larger, heavier fire trucks could not gain access.

cj.jpg

Man-o-man am I ever excited to see these :wings:

JeepFan

Hooked
Why oh why did I sell a 1977 J10 with the Levi Interior and a rare factory 401 engine I'll never know. :doh::doh::doh:

scan0028.jpg

jkmetric

CJ3B with slight mod's

This was a 1954 CJ3B that my son had. It had the hyd. and was modified to split wood and had a plow working from a separate piston for up and down only.

Attachments

• 20120517_181844.jpg
    20120517_181844.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 213
Top Bottom