Upgrading Headlights & Light Bar

tonytony9

Before I even begin this post I just want to state right away that I do not currently want to spend a fortune on either new head lights or a light bar. The only real reason I am considering upgrading my head lights and purchasing a light bar is because of this great deal I found (and many of you know about). Also, the light bar is purely for looks and maybe the occasional use on a really dark road or in a bad storm.

I have been looking into this package for a few weeks now: http://www.bestledsforless.com/jeep-jk-led-projectors-white-halos-light-bar-package/ . I want the red halos because I my wrangler is black but I am doing red accents.

So I am wondering if this is actually worth $399 and also do you think both the headlights and the light bar will last? Also, do you think the head lights will be brighter than my current ones (PIAA Xtreme White bulbs retail for $200, spent way less than the retail for the bulbs plus new head light housings/lens)?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Though, like I said I really do not want to spend $300 on just the headlights (Like buying some trucklites) but I will consider some things people throw up.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
All I can say is so far I am very happy with my eyourlife light bar for how cheap it was. 42" bar installed for under 150.00. I don't have any high expectations for it, but it is an example of a cheap light that puts out a lot of lumens without spending a fortune. Time will tell of course as far as long-term durability.

WIRING (5).jpg light bar (3).jpg

natebartlett

Interested in hearing thoughts on this as well. I'm sure there will be some mixed opinions on such a cheap light bar. I've just recently started looking into buying one and I can't see how some can range in the lower hundreds and some in the almost $2k range. Are they made that poorly at that price, or are the brand names inflated that much?

Heavyhaul07

Yes there is a big difference in light bars from expensive ones to cheap ones. Imo for the lower speed stuff majority of us do with our jeeps the inexpensive ones work great and produce a great amount of light. No for off road racing then high speed I'd would get The name brand more expensive light bars.

patr1ckm

Rigid is definitely a good product but expensive. If you are going to buy a cheaper one, just make sure it uses Cree LEDs.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As far as headlights go I would just get a set of truck lites and be done with it. You will not need a light bar after you get the truck lites. I have a light bar on my grill and I never use it on back roads like I planned on doing because the low and high beam of the truck lites are really bright

Skeeterbait

never use it on back roads like I planned on doing because the low and high beam of the truck lites are really bright

X2

Boji

I was reluctant at first to buy truck lites because of the price. But went out on a whim, and theres no going back, absolutely love them. Like others have said, unless you are deep in the woods there is really no need for additional lighting but thats my 2 :twocents:. The only thing is the X pattern of the truck lites takes some getting used to

mrjoe90

Upgrading Headlights & Light Bar

I have a 25" Eyourlife bar up front and the headlights/fogs from leds4less

The bar has come in handy a handful of times in the two months I've had it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446050063.773927.jpg

One thing to note. When you order from leds4less, they advertise free shipping. This is not true. Anything from them over $200 will go through customs and you'll have to pay about $20-25.

Mine was $22.20 for my headlights and fogs

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
They're all Chinese. Go cheap.

I had a Rigid SR20. Filled up with water twice. Sold it after the second 3 week turnaround for them to fix it.
Dually held up okay
Baja Designs squadron sport- full of water- had to RTV silicone where the wire goes in the back to stop it.
$199 Totron 30" bar- 2 years in the weather and still going strong.

tonytony9

As far as headlights go I would just get a set of truck lites and be done with it. You will not need a light bar after you get the truck lites. I have a light bar on my grill and I never use it on back roads like I planned on doing because the low and high beam of the truck lites are really bright

I do not plan on using the light bar often. Like I said, the light bar is there mostly for the looks and partly for occasional use.

tonytony9

They're all Chinese. Go cheap.

I had a Rigid SR20. Filled up with water twice. Sold it after the second 3 week turnaround for them to fix it.
Dually held up okay
Baja Designs squadron sport- full of water- had to RTV silicone where the wire goes in the back to stop it.
$199 Totron 30" bar- 2 years in the weather and still going strong.

Thanks for the input...Maybe I will see how these ones do.

tonytony9

I was reluctant at first to buy truck lites because of the price. But went out on a whim, and theres no going back, absolutely love them. Like others have said, unless you are deep in the woods there is really no need for additional lighting but thats my 2 :twocents:. The only thing is the X pattern of the truck lites takes some getting used to

My dad has truck lites in his wrangler. I like them but I only really want to upgrade if I can get a good deal. Like I said I want to buy the head lights & light bar mostly for the upgrade in appearance and have a little increase in brightness. As long as the head lights I am looking at from Leds 4 less are a little brighter than my current ones then I would be okayh with that.

tonytony9

I have a 25" Eyourlife bar up front and the headlights/fogs from leds4less

The bar has come in handy a handful of times in the two months I've had it. View attachment 171401

One thing to note. When you order from leds4less, they advertise free shipping. This is not true. Anything from them over $200 will go through customs and you'll have to pay about $20-25.

Mine was $22.20 for my headlights and fogs

Yeah I have heard that from other people as well. Do you feel that the head lights are brighter than stock? Currently I have PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs in my car and as long as the leds4less ones are brighter than my current then I may go ahead and buy them. I was looking at the projector headlights with red halos.

Also is the website I posted the same as the one you are talking about? I think they bought a new domain name (the one which I posted).

zimm

Caught the Bug
Another option- I just went with the Quadratec stealth LED headlights. Pretty nice. You can get them for about $360 with a forum discount. They say they're DOT legal, but don't see that stamped on the lens. Then get a cheap LED bar. You'll use the headlights 1000% more often than firing up the LED.

natebartlett

Good to know. I bought these LED CREE 75W headlights off of eBay for $288, with anti-flicker module installed. They are really really bright and seem to be really solid. They were about half the price of some of the brand name versions that I was seeing.

I do need to adjust them to point down a bit as I've been getting flashed a lot since I installed them.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068066.339704.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068105.157994.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yes, that's waaay high! I had to crank down my headlights after the leveling spacers. Love those duratracs, mine get here in a few days.

tonytony9

Another option- I just went with the Quadratec stealth LED headlights. Pretty nice. You can get them for about $360 with a forum discount. They say they're DOT legal, but don't see that stamped on the lens. Then get a cheap LED bar. You'll use the headlights 1000% more often than firing up the LED.

Well that is why i was wondering if the headlights I provided in the link are good or not. They sell the headlights alone for $300 and then the package deal is $400 (Including wiring harnesses, light bar brackets, rocker switches, like literally everything). Because then I am only spending $100 for an appearance upgrade really.

Top Bottom