Nine Beers Americans No Longer Drink

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, when's the last time you've had a Michelob? :icon_crazy:

Nine Beers Americans No Longer Drink
101852487-jpg_183610.jpg

While regular, full-calorie beer was once the mainstream, now light has become the primary beer of choice. Budweiser, once by far the most popular beer, has now fallen to third place in domestic sales, with 17.2 million barrels shipped in 2011, compared to Coors Light’s 17.4 million. The U.S. beer leader is, by a long shot, Bud Light, with 39.15 million barrels sold last year...

Read the full article here:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nine-beers-americans-no-longer-drink-183045945.html

:beer:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Back where I am from in Upstate NY that is mostly what everyone drinks. haha Not sure what that says about that area.:cheesy:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
"Friends don't let friends drink light beer." How about "Life is too short to drink light beer". The last one got me in seroius trouble in a biker bar. Best to hang out in Jeeper bars now. They know their beer.:yup:

Last edited:

NAUJK

Give me a good ol Dark beer or Lager and Ill be a happy camper!

Actually been brewing my own beer this year! Its a blast!! :beer::beer:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah never been one for light beer (ok well maybe in high school), it's a gateway beer anyway! ;)

I'm about to transfer my first 2 homemade beers into a keg tonight. A bock and a wheat! :D

Metalmasher

NAUJK said:

You bet! Dark with some serious hop

JKBANDIT55

I used to drink lighter beers like coors light and bud light beers. Then I went to the Great American Beer Festival and tasted some real good stuff. Now I Enjoy some nice tasting beers instead of watered down light beer.

Batch 19 is a new favorite. Crazy story behind that. Blue moon, fat tire, Land shark is good but still light. Im 24 and find it the older I get the more darker beers i like. Still dont like that motor oil looking dark molases flowing beer.:icon_crazy:

kaptkrappy

"The Best"

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far anyway....

We drank Milwaukee’s Best because it was the cheapest beer in the store.
We would say "Lets go get some of The Best"

Little did we know it was probably the worst. (35 years ago)
Things have changed.

NAUJK

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far anyway....

We drank Milwaukee’s Best because it was the cheapest beer in the store.
We would say "Lets go get some of The Best"

Little did we know it was probably the worst. (35 years ago)
Things have changed.

My Father says the exact same thing. :crazyeyes:

NAUJK

I used to drink lighter beers like coors light and bud light beers. Then I went to the Great American Beer Festival and tasted some real good stuff. Now I Enjoy some nice tasting beers instead of watered down light beer.

Batch 19 is a new favorite. Crazy story behind that. Blue moon, fat tire, Land shark is good but still light. Im 24 and find it the older I get the more darker beers i like. Still dont like that motor oil looking dark molases flowing beer.:icon_crazy:

I can not drink that piss-in-a-can stuff.... coors, bud, PBR blech! A dark amber color is required at a minimum Preferably in a good local craft beer.

Go to Germany and get a dunklebier, their dark beers are delicous! Im breaking in my friend into the whole dark beer thing he is slowly comin around. :beer:

wildwoodjk

Reported
Every
Soldier
In
Every
War
Depended
Upon
Budweiser

Take the first letter of each word spelled backwards and you get Budweiser.

Enjoy a King! Also for the younger people on this forum, the color of the beer has nothing to do with how it taste. Start with a Guinness and then work your way down to the lighter beers and it is fairly easy to figure out what is really good. This is just an opinion!

I know a lot of girls who drink Bluemoon.

In St. Louis we have great beers! And Milwaukee's Best is for spraying on your yard with a can of Coke to break down thatch buildup.

Billy Busch has created a new beer called Kraftig and Kraftig Light which if you see it you should try it.

Enjoy!

bl17z90

I want to see the 9 beers that are on the rise.

More and more I am seeing places selling Fat Tire, which is a great beer, whenever I go out somewhere I order it if its on the menu. :thumb:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug

Mine to and I'm 66! Pardon me if I provide a little of the "crazy story behind that". Batch is a pre-prohibition lager, the recipe for which was found a couple of years ago in a filing cabinet somewhere in the bowels of the Coors brewery. It's only sold in Colorado at the moment. Rats! We're driving the JK home for Christmas in Colorado and a couple of cases will be brought back to Arizona. Yes Virginia, there really are beer geeks in the major breweries, thank God!:yup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom