Wave from Sunriver, Or!

Jimi Nugent

Hey all,

Been lurking here a while and finally decided to join. I've found lots of great, helpful info here from you all in building my 08' Rubicon that I picked up this summer. Just a little backstory, many years ago when I graduated from school, I ordered a brand new 1995 Wrangler YJ. I got it with the 4.0L HO motor, 5 speed manual, and a locker rear with 4.10 gears. It was black on black with a hardtop, man I loved that Jeep. I had tons of fun in that rig, probably my most favorite vehicle that I have ever owned. A few years later when news came that I was going to be a dad, I had to sell it in order to pay the bills that were soon to come. The day I watched my Jeep leave the driveway with somebody else in the drivers seat, I promised myself that someday I would own another Wrangler. Well, my kid turned 18 this month, and this year was the time to get back behind the wheel of another Wrangler.

This summer I found a good deal on an 08' Rubicon 2 door, it had low miles and was in great condition. It was fairly stock other than a 1" spacer lift, new Raceline wheels and a set of 32" Goodyear Duratracs. I made the dealer an offer over the phone and he accepted, so my wife and I hit the road for the 5 hour trip to go pick it up. Since then, I've outfitted it with a 2.5" Rubicon Express lift, 34x11.50 Toyo MT's, LOD bumpers front and back with the tire carrier, and a Warn M8000-S winch and some nice interior trim upgrades. It's coming along, but like every Jeep, it's a work in progress... and the brown santa should be showing up on Friday with new lighting! :rock:

Here's my Rubi the day we picked it up from the dealer.

IMG_1479.jpg

Taking it out with the wife and the pup!

eva jager jeep.jpg

Out on a night run.

12079313_10206148229037172_6186092881927785358_n.jpg

After installing the Rubi Express lift, the LOD front bumper, and new 34" Toyo MT's!

IMG_1574.jpg

Just a few days ago I finally got the LOD rear bumper and tire carrier installed, so I took it out to Edison Butte OHV area to celebrate.

tight squeeze.jpg

Looking forward to having some fun here, cheers! :beer:

Priest234

Man, central oregon is a beautiful place to go hit the trails. I grew up there, (Lapine) just finally decided to move to california. When i come to visit we will have to go play!

Kalums

I know it's a bit late, but welcome to WAL. Loved central Oregon! I used to work at the "Country Store" up there. (almost 12 years ago) Man I miss it up there.

Top Bottom