c-gussets and ball joints

MaaMohTh

Hey guys,

I was wondering... I read somewhere (i think it;s in the tie rod thread) that if I get c-gussets installed, I wont have to worry about my ball joints getting bad..
is that true ?

I got a DW since I put back my stock tires and noticed that :
- drag link is loose, knocks when playing with the steering
- tie rod is loose, even worst than the drag link
- all 4 ball joints are finished...

I'm getting the rods replaced by crown automotive replacement and the ball joints too next week so I figured if those c-gussets are that good on ball joints, maybe I should get those ...

any input would and will be greatly appreciated!

oh and I'm in montreal, canada so i'll be going to 4wheelparts .... which should cost me around 1800$CDN... ain't that expensive ???
Thx!

CJW

C gussets strengthen the Cs on the ends of the axle tubes. (The inner portion that the knuckle, or outer C, rides on) They stop them from bending up. They won't save your ball joints or fix them if they're worn out. If your ball joints are bad you need to replace them; no way around it.
The other parts you mention all use ball joints as well or bushings, so replacing them with oem replacements with new ball joints/bushings will solve their problem

CJW

I don't know what prices are where you're at. Is that a price for all parts and labor?

WJCO

Meme King
If you're going to do the c-gussets, weld them in before installing new ball joints. Don't want to chance ruining the new joints with that heat right there.

Top Bottom