Sway bar links contact with coil perch

Ant's JK

Here is a picture and I posted it before but still haven't found out why it's making contact. I called aev since that's the lift it came with and they simply said "sorry has nothing to do with our lift it's your problem" so I'm just seeing if anyone can help out with this issue

Attachments

• 1446156283293.jpg
    1446156283293.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 108

WJCO

Meme King
Here is a picture and I posted it before but still haven't found out why it's making contact. I called aev since that's the lift it came with and they simply said "sorry has nothing to do with our lift it's your problem" so I'm just seeing if anyone can help out with this issue

Is it like this on both sides? Sway bar and links factory? How high did you lift it?

Ant's JK

Yes it's both sides. The lift is a 4.5 aev. I think they just install new sway bars in the rear and move the rears to the front. I'll tell you what I'd never deal with them again

ChaosNein

these things happen. axle maybe be a bit off center (they move side to side so not something to be worried about either).

its a jeep, it likes grinders and plasma cutters and welders...

WJCO

Meme King
Yes it's both sides. The lift is a 4.5 aev. I think they just install new sway bars in the rear and move the rears to the front. I'll tell you what I'd never deal with them again

You mean move the rear links or the whole sway bar? My thought is the links are the wrong length, but I don't have a strong product knowledge of that kit.

Ant's JK

Thank you Drew I'm glad you clarified that. I was just making sure it wasn't an issue to be concerned about

ChaosNein

again, its not a big deal, things rub... It is not something you should be too worried about.

EDIT: it could very well be your links are a bit too long, but again, NOT something I would be too worried about.

Ant's JK

I was only concerned because it's a new vehicle with a new lift and I already have things banging into each other.

Ant's JK

Hahaha thanks I'll learn to live with it then. But if I change lifts in the future I'll definitely consider the enforcer package people seem to have no issues with it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Did you check to see if your coil is indexed properly in the lower spring perch?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I did and it is. That's what confused me about it

Just to verify, you don't have any adjustable control arms installed, correct? If you do, I would say that you probably have your lower arms set too long or maybe you have too little caster set. That would cause your passenger side coil to bow forward a bit.

Ant's JK

Nope no adjustable control arms. I'm not concerned with the coil as much as the sway bar links on both sides coming in contact with the coil mount

Kavanji

factory tolerance. each item on the chassis is allowed to be off just a hair. this ads up and things like this happen. if you don't want to sort out little things when modifying your jeep leave it stock. 4.5 inch is a lot of lift and a lot of little things to consider. most guys here run less than that with huge tyres, proving that sometines less is more:D

Top Bottom