2015 wrangler jku throttle "sticking"

nightfirem10

Hey guys, I had this happen too me last weekend. Went ripping though a mud hole, came out, backed off throttle , and jeep kept building rpm right up to rev limiter. Well at the end of the hole was a crowd of people and jeeps so I wheeled it to the right to hit the embankment to slow it down, all while having both feet planted on the brakes. Upon hitting the wall it sent me 15 feet in the air and kicked the ass up and nose dived into the dirt, where it finally defueled and came to idle. Has anyone else heard of that sticking situation? Felt too me like it massive overfueled, and took its time to defuel. Needless to say it exploded my steering box and bent the Dana 44 front diff badly[emoji26]
Took it into dodge and scanned it and it had lots of codes stored one of which was a over fuel situation......

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys, I had this happen too me last weekend. Went ripping though a mud hole, came out, backed off throttle , and jeep kept building rpm right up to rev limiter. Well at the end of the hole was a crowd of people and jeeps so I wheeled it to the right to hit the embankment to slow it down, all while having both feet planted on the brakes. Upon hitting the wall it sent me 15 feet in the air and kicked the ass up and nose dived into the dirt, where it finally defueled and came to idle. Has anyone else heard of that sticking situation? Felt too me like it massive overfueled, and took its time to defuel. Needless to say it exploded my steering box and bent the Dana 44 front diff badly[emoji26]
Took it into dodge and scanned it and it had lots of codes stored one of which was a over fuel situation......

I have never heard of that happening on a gas engine unless the throttle sticks. Is this a diesel?

nightfirem10

No, she's a rubicon gas job. I found a few out there googling it, but not a lot. It acted just like my chipped and boosted cummins diesel

WJCO

Meme King
No, she's a rubicon gas job. I found a few out there googling it, but not a lot. It acted just like my chipped and boosted cummins diesel

Have you done any recent mods near the throttle body like an aftermarket intake or anything like that? And when this occurred, did the throttle pedal feel normal mechanically? Like did it feel like the throttle was released?

WJCO

Meme King
I would check your throttle cable and your cruise control cable/servo. It would be very abnormal for your fuel injectors/pcm to just stick on randomly after going through a mud puddle and cause this issue. Also with your throttle plate closed mechanically, even if your injectors electronically tried to stick open, the engine would most likely flood and die with the lack of air coming into the engine. The whole thing seems more like a mechanical throttle problem to me.

nightfirem10

Well, to compound it, we just had a club members 2015 do the same thing when he pulled out onto the road this afternoon, dodge checked it, lots of codes, updated it and it acted up two more times....

Top Bottom