EVO Aluminium front bumper paint options?

Dubaibentzen

I just read on the installation notes from Offroad Evolution that "due to the aluminum properties, heat should not be used when coating or painting"...

I guess that eliminates the option to powder coat it? I asked my local powder coating shop, and he said they heat it to 260°C. He could not understand why that note from EVO was there. He said they powder coat aluminum all the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

JakeJK

I just read on the installation notes from Offroad Evolution that "due to the aluminum properties, heat should not be used when coating or painting"...

I guess that eliminates the option to powder coat it? I asked my local powder coating shop, and he said they heat it to 260°C. He could not understand why that note from EVO was there. He said they powder coat aluminum all the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jesus that's 500 degrees Fahrenheit

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446432278.648790.jpg
Yeah, I'm a bit confused on how to powder coat it, when ore says don't use heat. I paid a fortune for the shipping from the US to Dubai, so I don't want to do anything that might mess with the bumper. Could It be because of the weldings, joints or something like that?

ChaosNein

you can powdercoat the bumper, the note is meant as a precaution as we have seen some of the aluminum bumpers that we have powdercoated have some deformation. not in all cases, but is has happened.

Dubaibentzen

you can powdercoat the bumper, the note is meant as a precaution as we have seen some of the aluminum bumpers that we have powdercoated have some deformation. not in all cases, but is has happened.

Thanks Drew.
How much deformation approximately? So much that they can't be mounted, or just a little?

If it's a big risk, I'd rather just spray paint them myself.

Top Bottom