Rear axle leak

WLFMOON

I have a 2014 JKUR with Metal Cloak 2.5" lift. Many other upgrades just too many to list.
Yesterday I happened to look under my jk and noticed the axle had gear oil on the right hand side. Not leaking from rear pinion. Doesn't appear to be leaking from the rear locker control plugs. The rear axle and a little of the passenger's side axle tube is wet. Not really sure where it coming from.
Any ideas would be great!

Last edited:

Scrambler

I have a 2014 JKUR with Metal Cloak 2.5" lift. Many other upgrades just too many to list.
Yesterday I happened to look under my jk and noticed the axle had gear oil on the right hand side. Not leaking from rear pinion. Doesn't appear to be leaking from the rear locker control plugs. The rear axle and a little of the passenger's side axle tube is wet. Not really sure where it coming from.

Breather hose come "unplugged" from the axle? Overfilled gear oil coming out of the breather? Hard to give an answer without some pics.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Breather hose come "unplugged" from the axle? Overfilled gear oil coming out of the breather? Hard to give an answer without some pics.

If I had to guess its either one of these but as you said we can't tell without pics. OP please post pics when you get a second

jeeeep

Hooked

the outer body of the tube and axle are wet?

as mentioned, it could be the from the breather tube, it runs up towards the passenger side. if it's leaking from inside the passenger side tube could mean you bent your axle.

some pics?

Top Bottom