Upgrading from RK 2.5 Progressive coils to new 3.5 Triple Rate cols.

mallaki

Hello all... MY name is Peter and I have been reading here for a while now but now need some advice and clarification, so here I am posting :)

I have 2012 JKU and about three years ago I installed RK 2.5 Max Travel lift with 35" GR MT MK2 tires and Poison Spyder Brawler front and rear bumper... Recently I upgraded to bigger and heavier wheels and tires >> ATX Slabs with 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers and trimmed pinch seam and that was it. Before I head out to Rausch Creek Off-Road Park here on the East Coast, I decided to basically upgrade to new RK 3.5 X- Factor lift that comes with Triple Rate coils (please note my old 2.5 came with stiffer Progressive springs)

Basically I purchased all additional components to upgrade from my original 3 years old 2.5 Max Travel to current 3.5 X-Factor plus new Synergy drag link, Tie Rod, brackets etc. to correct Pinion/Caster with new 3.5 lift... I have not installed any of these yet... Still running on my old 2.5 RK Max Travel just like I did for the past three years but now with heavier wheels... What I had was great but need to go higher to accommodate clearance for new bigger wheels.

My question is will I benefit with new 3.5 Triple Rate coils over older 2.5 Progressive coils or will I experience sagging? Will I be higher with regards to lift with new coils, same or worse? The only additional weight I have right now would be bigger, heavier spare wheel.

Equipment:
2012 JKU Sport
Stock both axels – Dana30 with welded EVO gussets
4.88 gears
EVO Armor
EVO Sliders
Poison Spyder Brawler front and Rear Bumper
Flat fares fenders
ATX Slabs, 37”Nitto Trail Grapplers

Thank you all in advance and looking forward for comments and suggestions,

Regards,

---Peter

Last edited:

JakeJK

Hello all... MY name is Peter and I have been reading here for a while now but now need some advice and clarification, so here I am posting :)

I have 2012 JKU and about three years ago I installed RK 2.5 Max Travel lift with 35" GR MT MK2 tires and Poison Spyder Brawler front and rear bumper... Recently I upgraded to bigger and heavier wheels and tires >> ATX Slabs with 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers and trimmed pinch seam and that was it. Before I head out to Rausch Creek Off-Road Park here on the East Coast, I decided to basically upgrade to new RK 3.5 X- Factor lift that comes with Triple Rate coils (please note my old 2.5 came with stiffer Progressive springs)

Basically I purchased all additional components to upgrade from my original 3 years old 2.5 Max Travel to current 3.5 X-Factor plus new Synergy drag link, Tie Rod, brackets etc. to correct Pinion/Caster with new 3.5 lift... I have not installed any of these yet... Still running on my old 2.5 RK Max Travel just like I did for the past three years but now with heavier wheels... What I had was great but need to go higher to accommodate clearance for new bigger wheels.

My question is will I benefit with new 3.5 Triple Rate coils over older 2.5 Progressive coils or will I experience sagging? Will I be higher with regards to lift with new coils, same or worse? The only additional weight I have right now would be bigger, heavier spare wheel.

Equipment:
2012 JKU Sport
Stock both axels – Dana30 with welded EVO gussets
4.88 gears
EVO Armor
EVO Sliders
Poison Spyder Brawler front and Rear Bumper
ATX Slabs, 37”Nitto Trail Grapplers

Thank you all in advance and looking forward for comments and suggestions,

Regards,

---Peter

My RK 2.5 triple rates lifted my 2 door with stock bumpers and rear tire about 3.25 inches so I'd imagine if you got 3.5 triple rates you'd get about 3.5-3.75 inches with those bumpers and rear tire, that being said if you are at 2.5 inches of lift right now the 3.5s would definitely give you more height, and more clearance. I don't think that when you buy a quality product such as RK you'll experience any sagging. I'm going to run 35s with stock fenders on my 2.5 inch lift and I believe you can run 37s with the 3.5 inch lift. I know for a fact you can if you trim your fenders but If you don't want to do that the 37s will fit probably with a little rubbing when the tires are stuffed into the wheel well.

mallaki

My RK 2.5 triple rates lifted my 2 door with stock bumpers and rear tire about 3.25 inches so I'd imagine if you got 3.5 triple rates you'd get about 3.5-3.75 inches with those bumpers and rear tire, that being said if you are at 2.5 inches of lift right now the 3.5s would definitely give you more height, and more clearance. I don't think that when you buy a quality product such as RK you'll experience any sagging. I'm going to run 35s with stock fenders on my 2.5 inch lift and I believe you can run 37s with the 3.5 inch lift. I know for a fact you can if you trim your fenders but If you don't want to do that the 37s will fit probably with a little rubbing when the tires are stuffed into the wheel well.

I agree that RK has a solid product line but the reason I was asking as it seems new "Triple Rate" coils are softer than older "Progressive" coils - so I was interested if going from 2.5 Progressive to 3.5 Triple rate will actually benefit me with regards to actual lift and not only softer ride…

Top Bottom