Warn winch install on jkurhr

Meatwagon

Hello all, I have the 2015 jku rubicon hard rock and want to install the warn Zeon winch on the stock front bumper because I like the look. Has anyone installed this on either the 10th, x, or hard rock and if so any advise or tips on the install would be greatly appreciated.

Several of the guys on here have done it. Look in the build threads. I think there are some videos on YouTube with it as well. Its what I plan on ordering next year so I've been reading up on it here.

samIam007

I installed a winch on the Rubi X bumper. I used the Maximus-3 winch plate and followed the instructions proided with the winch plate.

trailraider

i used the one Chrysler has listed, but had to modify it . so i would recomend the maximus 3(altho i have no referance for it ) but the $500 for the chrysler one and the modifing, not worth it. also the bumper is designed for a offset winch not the zeon.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I used the Maximus 3 as well and it was a piece of cake. I believe you want the centered winch mount but it'll tell you on the website which one to order for your winch.

Byte

My plan is also to use the Maximus plate with the Zeon in the centered config. Anybody have next weeks winning powerball numbers? Baring that, I won't be installing mine until next fall or later so I have plenty of time to learn from all of your install threads! I may wuse out and just opt for the 9500cti off center setup so anybody doing that install should feel free to post up their install videos of that too. I can pay in beer.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I went with a budget and got the Smittybilt X2O. It's also the centered setup. Install was super easy on the factory Hard Rock bumper. The only part that's not bolt-on is cutting the fairlead slot wider to accommodate the centered setup.

vjusmc

I went with a budget and got the Smittybilt X2O. It's also the centered setup. Install was super easy on the factory Hard Rock bumper. The only part that's not bolt-on is cutting the fairlead slot wider to accommodate the centered setup.

Has anyone used any other Winch plates besides Maximus and Chrysler.

WJCO

Meme King
Has anyone used any other Winch plates besides Maximus and Chrysler.

I have the Rough Country Winch Mounting Plate for my WJ and it does fit the Zeon. But I do not know how it would fit on the JK. May have to do some custom work.

JoeB-JKURX

JK 10A, X, HR Winch Plates

Rusty's Offroad makes a winch plate to mount a centered winch for the steel front bumper on the 10A, X, HR limited edition JKs (it is pretty cheap and very stout). It will not work for the offset winches like the Warn 9.5 CTI (ask me how I know). As far as I know, only Maximus-3 (which kind of specializes in these limited edition JKs) and Mopar have winch plates that will fit the offset winch. Not sure about Mopar but Maximus-3 plate will work with either style winch. I had to get an extension welded to the driver end of my Rusty's plate and get the mounting holes relocated. It is definitely a good looking and very strong installation but not the most cost effective way to go. The vacuum pump relocation bracket that comes with the Rusty's plate puts the pump too close to the driver's side front tire (IMO) so I used a Metalcloak pump relo bracket kit that puts it under the hood.

Top Bottom