Seat Help

Angry Aussie

I have a 2012 unlimited rubicon, I pulled out the stock front seats and replaced them with master craft seats. Now my airbag light stays on all the time. My stock seats had airbags in them and obviously the mc don't. Is there a plug or some way to trick the bag light into thinking it's plugged in?

Has anyone switched seats and found a way to make the airbag light go off.

Thanks

rinkishjk

Being that was most likely programmed in the computer with your Vin# and options I doubt it. Dealer maybe could flash it.

WJCO

Meme King
Talk to your dealer first, then a good known body shop. Body shops deal with air bag lights on a regular basis due to accidents even though they aren't as inclined to have strong electrical ability. Other than that, be really careful messing with anything electrical regarding air bags on your own. Also, with your air bag light on, some vehicle's system will detect a fault and will not deploy the air bag if you are in an accident. So I would get it taken care of as soon as you can.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I am not sure if this would work, or anyone has done it....but you may be able to use a simple resistor to fool the system into thinking its still there. I would search around and see what you can find, there has to be more guys that have dealt with this before.

Angry Aussie

Thanks y'all, I know I can't be the only one to deal with this and there has to be some way around it. I'll call my stealership and see what they have to say. Hopefully someone on here knows the trick.

Sithwindu

Thanks y'all, I know I can't be the only one to deal with this and there has to be some way around it. I'll call my stealership and see what they have to say. Hopefully someone on here knows the trick.

That's one thing that's kept me from getting aftermarket seats, mine come with airbags, hopefully someone can find a way around it

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
quick search on good old google

Disconnect battery, wait 10 min, then install resistor. This was for an 07 tho.

1/2w watt 2 ohm resistor 2R carbon film resistor 0.5 w

1/2

Last edited:
Top Bottom