Code P06DD

A_R_A_W_N

Hey guys, my 2014 JKU is throwing code P06DD. I changed my oil and oil filter this weekend and now im showing this code. I saw that its for the Oil Pump. Heres the strange part, I ran the code reader and it showed it, and then i ran the internal code and it wasnt there. Is this something i should run it to the dealership about, or does anyone have any ideas on a fix for it? I doubble checked the oil filter is screwed in all the way and im not spilling any oil

Skid_Kid

Are you absolutely sure you got the right filter. The 3.6 can take different oil filters depending on what the vehicle is.

The 12/13 are different then the 14/15 just so you are aware.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Are you absolutely sure you got the right filter. The 3.6 can take different oil filters depending on what the vehicle is.

The 12/13 are different then the 14/15 just so you are aware.

This! If you bought it at an auto parts store they have no clue of the change.

Marauder

If it's not due to an aftermarket oil filter then you are in for 2 trips to the dealer. One for the pressure sensor/solonoid (because they must satisfy the tsb) and then again when it throws the code for the oil pump. I hope it's the wrong filter. :)

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I threw this code after I changed my oil for the first time. The book at the auto parts store only went up to 2013. I figured same 3.6, what the heck - wrong. If u still have the old filter, put it back in and see if the code clears. I'm guessing it will.

Top Bottom