JW Speaker taillights

jkblk

Order a set of jw tails and put them on.
Looks real nice but have a problem. With lights on they are fine. I turn on blinker left or right and blinks fine for 8 or 9 blink then starts hyper flashes. It only blinks fine when I first turn on jeep. I connected programmer to read any codes and it comes up with high voltage in turn signals.
It has to be something with jeep because place where I ordered them from sent me a new set after sending others back.
Lights are supposed to be plug and play and have a resistor built into plug already.
Anybody else have any issues with after market led tails.

jkblk

Jeep is 07
I don't think it anything or there part. It probably something with jeep just don't know what to check. I can on one stock light on and jw on and stock will blink fine but jw will hyper flash

Conor

hey mate i would say its a resistor issue, especially if it works fine with one stock tail light and one JW. Possibility that they are made for later models with different resistors? its the same as when you see blokes put LEDS on motorcycles without resistors and they flash ridiculously quick or not at all. My suggestion would be to put another small resistor in line and see if it makes a difference

WJCO

Meme King
Any aftermarket wiring done to the turn signal circuit anywhere else on the vehicle? Maybe check to ensure proper gauge wiring if so. Other than that, as others suggested sounds like the resistance in your light circuit and the resistance with the new LEDs are compatible somehow.

Siberian_jeeper

I have the same issue! jk 2007
When my lights are off, it works normally, but when I turn on the lights, low beams etc... turn signals blink fast.
Can't find anything on the net.

SoCalDozer

Im guessing this is some sort of resistor issue as well. you might have to add an additional resistor on the line to prevent this from happening.
The reason is most likely that the internal resistor isn't providing enough of a resistance to simulate the regular incandescent bulb that the factory uses which causes the issues like fast blinking which means that a tail light is out normally.

Top Bottom